The Curious Case of Dele Alli | Emotional Overlap interview (p 19)

Horrible though he is, Mourinho has a point.

Shame he just decided to make a big point in front of the TV cameras and not actually fix anything.

Compare that to ten Hag's treatment of Sancho. Realised he was really struggling on and off the pitch, in a bad environment. So he took him out of it, sent him to train 1 on 1 under a coach he knew in the Netherlands for 3 months, told the press he was out indefinitely and wasn't talking about it further, and since he's brought him back he's been one of their better players and looks a lot more like the Sancho from Dortmund.

Why would you invite the Amazon cameras to a really important heart to heart conversation about someone's future, an intervention?

Last edited:
Here here.
I despise United as much as the next guy, but Marcus Rashford is a genuine, decent, hard-working, inspirational young man who has used his good fortune to try and ensure a better life for people less fortunate are than himself.
I can easily look past who he plays for, the lad is a treasure. A magnificent human being.
He seems a decent if limited working class lad but has a huge global PR machine behind him. Massive US management agency
Pretending he was starving and had no access to books, having been rehoused from Old Moat estate and moved to a new school by united from an early age, is insulting people’s intelligence.
As was telling people the graffiti on his mural in Withington was racist when it wasn’t, and turned out to be a student repeating an online meme about travellers
He is a decent lad but some of the people around him probably aren’t. They have used him for financial gain.
Still loved the fact he gave Johnson a kick in the balls though.

Dele Alli is and always has been a horrible snide shithouse, spent most of his time in matches trying to injure opponents.

Massively overrated and made to look way better than he actually was by that quality midfield Spurs had at the time

MK Dons was his level

Leeds and Chelsea may have expected more for the fees they paid for Seth Johnson and Danny Drinkwater.
For us Terry Cooke never seemed to kick on after the Gillingham promotion game and Jeff Whitley may have had a better career if he didnt have off field issues.

Why would you invite the Amazon cameras to a really important heart to heart conversation about someone's future, an intervention?
I'm assuming Ali could have refused to have the meeting filmed or refused to allow it to be included after filming but maybe the lure of the Big Screen got the better of him?

If I was his agent I wouldn't have advised him to do that scene.

I'm assuming Ali could have refused to have the meeting filmed or refused to allow it to be included after filming but maybe the lure of the Big Screen got the better of him?

If I was his agent I wouldn't have advised him to do that scene.

I don’t think he knew where it was going when he walked in the room.

Shame he just decided to make a big point in front of the TV cameras and not actually fix anything.

Compare that to ten Hag's treatment of Sancho. Realised he was really struggling on and off the pitch, in a bad environment. So he took him out of it, sent him to train 1 on 1 under a coach he knew in the Netherlands for 3 months, told the press he was out indefinitely and wasn't talking about it further, and since he's brought him back he's been one of their better players and looks a lot more like the Sancho from Dortmund.

Because it's Mourinho and he's a giant attention whore. Didn't Poch refuse to do the documentary?

Ten Hag handled Rashford's disciplinary well too, even though it was just for lateness.

Good shout. Although I only saw him at the end of his career at Colne and Radcliffe, he was head and shoulders above everyone else at that level. I don’t know how true it is, but he was a very slight guy who certainly didn’t tackle much and I was told that he didn’t make it at the rags because he wouldn’t get stuck in to the physical side of the game.
Played against him once (cannot remember who he was playing for), it was at TorKington park in Hazel Grove, so he’d obviously dropped down the ladder a bit. I remember walking off the pitch thinking there‘s a massive difference between those that think they can play football, and those that actually can!
He had so much time on the ball and was mesmerising, different mustard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.