The Curious Case of Dele Alli | Emotional Overlap interview (p 19)

maybe he thought he had made it, and thought he didn't need to keep grafting and got too comfy, or he might not of liked the football world got the money and just couldn't be arsed with a job he didn't enjoy, whatever the reason he may come to regret it one day,

people think that footballers have got it easy , but i'm sure both mentally and physically it must be very demanding

There have been quite a few 'new George Bests' over the years, and it seems to be fatal to their careers to be so overhyped. It's like a writer being called the 'new Tolstoy'. Set up to fail, and for people to laugh at you.

I recall Phil Jones was the 'new Duncan Edwards'. What a joke.

That literally made me laugh!

I distinctly remember Walcott being hailed as a major new talent, one of the brightest seen for years. He's had, let's say, a middling to minor career.

I don't get this. Marcus Rashford is 25 years old and has 75 PL goals. Unless his career is derailed by injury or he leaves the country he'll finish in the top 10 goalscorers in Premier League history. Already won a few trophies, good scoring record for England.

And yes, he used his public platform to bully the government into feeding school kids, which is about the best thing a United player has done for 50 years.

Not comparable in the slightest to Dele Alli.
Here here.
I despise United as much as the next guy, but Marcus Rashford is a genuine, decent, hard-working, inspirational young man who has used his good fortune to try and ensure a better life for people less fortunate are than himself.
I can easily look past who he plays for, the lad is a treasure. A magnificent human being.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.