The Curious Case of Dele Alli | Emotional Overlap interview (p 19)

I am not sure that any of the above apply to Joe Hart. The only thing I agree with in this post is that to get to the top is hard and to stay there very difficult even for such as Joe. If he were lazy he would have given up altogether, he has the money.
Joe was head and shoulders above the rest when with City

Dele ale played one of the best individual performances iv seen when they beat us t the Etihad in the champions League. He was dribbling through our midfield like prime Zidane at times. Must be a lot going on in the lads life to not knuckle down

I always considered Deli punching above his weight. Never saw anything above lower league level.
His natural confidence got him in the spurs side, but couldn't sustain it.
If he does have addictions, then that may have been the price he paid to keep him at that elevated level.
Lot of guesswork here, maybe I got him all wrong.
I'll wait for his book to come out in 5 years, and then wait for someone's opinion on it, cos I won't be reading it.

You mean the "gym work"

What did that "gym work" entail?

A lot of rumors on that one and maybe why his fitness and stamina fell off the cliff?

He spent that one summer doing karate on some hills in Ireland. There was a video on the OS. Very 80s training montage. Thought he was gonna come back with a mullet.

I’m not saying we should buy him (far from it), but I think if he came to City, Pep could make a top player out of him again.

We forget that it could have all been different for Dele had Levy let him move on - he was too good for spurs and realistically should have moved on to a much better team with much better players and fighting for trophies. I bet it must have been so demoralising to sit at spurs, then Everton, then a Turkish side. It’s been a downward slope for the guy but the talent’s certainly there we’ve all seen it

I’m not saying we should buy him (far from it), but I think if he came to City, Pep could make a top player out of him again.

We forget that it could have all been different for Dele had Levy let him move on - he was too good for spurs and realistically should have moved on to a much better team with much better players and fighting for trophies. I bet it must have been so demoralising to sit at spurs, then Everton, then a Turkish side. It’s been a downward slope for the guy but the talent’s certainly there we’ve all seen it
Blog-Post-Featured-Image-May.jpg

David Bentley retired very young, said he just grew to hate football despite being a very decent premier league player
Similar in some respects to Stephen Ireland
Hasn’t Danny Rose gone from the England team to second tier of non league in about four seasons?
Two different people, same name

There’s a simple truth about the modern game: unless you are prepared to put a shift in, both in training, and on the pitch, then you’re going to get found out. Perhaps this wasn’t the case in the 70s, but with current ubiquitous fitness levels and monitoring of players, it’s a must in today’s game, certainly at the very top. The money in this part of the game dictates that to be so.

If you don’t want it enough, either through a love of the game, or the money that flows through it and associated respect for the contract that provides it, then you’ll get found out quickly enough.

Raw talent will only take you so far, and for so long. You’ve got to want it enough, and Alli plainly doesn’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.