The Darkest Hour? - 1998 Stoke relegation video

we were sat in the abercrombie in bootle st watching this. the funny thing was every time i went for a piss we scored. Its still a superstition with me to this day that if I go for a piss we will score.

n.b. it doesn't always work out

got my first season ticket the season after this. vaguely remember watching this with my mum, and my uncles and grandad coming home absolutely gutted.

the reaction of the city fans that day, of love and admiration, made me support city. could have easily supported them lot from trafford, grandad told me '' the good times will come, son '' well well well...

I was in their end for this one, on my own but it was obvious there were loads of other blues around, just trying not to be noticed. When the Goat scored the first, the locals kicked off big style and were more interested in spotting City fans than they were in the game, either to give them a dig or get them chucked out. Managed to keep my head down so saw the whole game.

Afterwards was the worst violence I've ever seen at a game when I got stuck in traffic (I'd parked on the old Victoria Ground), queuing to get back to the motorway. An army of scrotes were picking off City cars, smashing windows, spitting at women, setting upon blokes who had no back-up. Lost a little faith in football and humanity that day.

Gutted that we went down, but not surprised as I didn't expect anyone to do us a favour, why would they? I just wanted to be there anyway. But these downs are what make the ups so enjoyable! Let's enjoy it blues, onward and ever upward... :)

Wow, watching that video makes me so proud to be a blue! I was 11 when we were relegated after beating Stoke, even being so you I remember feeling totally empty! The guys face on 3:25 really summed up how it felt to be a City fan back then. I will never forget where we have come from. Its amazing to see the transformation of the club from then to now. Never thought we'd be anything near where we are today. Onwards and upwards...... CTID

Wierd day.
Travelled up form Oxford had got tickets in the Sentinel stand, went off everywhere after the first goal went in, I got chucked in to the segregation bit between the Sentinel Stand and away fans, then after it had been filled with City fans from the home end we were all turfed out.
Watched the rest of the game in a pub full of Vale fans who were going daft as they stayed up that day. Miserable train journey back to Oxford.
But I have to say I think that season in the 3rd was one of the best for following City.

liscal said:
I was in their end for this one, on my own but it was obvious there were loads of other blues around, just trying not to be noticed. When the Goat scored the first, the locals kicked off big style and were more interested in spotting City fans than they were in the game, either to give them a dig or get them chucked out. Managed to keep my head down so saw the whole game.

Afterwards was the worst violence I've ever seen at a game when I got stuck in traffic (I'd parked on the old Victoria Ground), queuing to get back to the motorway. An army of scrotes were picking off City cars, smashing windows, spitting at women, setting upon blokes who had no back-up. Lost a little faith in football and humanity that day.

Gutted that we went down, but not surprised as I didn't expect anyone to do us a favour, why would they? I just wanted to be there anyway. But these downs are what make the ups so enjoyable! Let's enjoy it blues, onward and ever upward... :)

Must admit hated Stoke fans since that day until we met them in the final where they were top fans,strange,never had a game change my perceptions like that.

I remember feeling like it was literally the end of the world. I remember it being carnage after the match, some city fans throwing the back seat of the bus out of the window on the top deck, Stokies trying to throw an enitre tree at us and managing to get it about 3 yards. I remember it being a warm day and I remember buying a crate if beer for the 40 minute journey home and I remember drinking 27 shots of Vodka when I got back to Sale and I don't remember anything after that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.