The David Silva Stand?

Hull away when Kompany got sent off early ? The games where Silva has “stepped up” are innumerable

Agreed. The game at Anfield where Coutinho scores and Liverpool won the league - the biggest annoyance about that was Silva ended up on the losing team. Probably the finest performance I’ve ever seen that day - would have gone down in the annals but largely forgotten because of the result.

Silva never makes team of the season and neither has he been nominated for the Ballon D’or (spelling!) this time. People on here believe he’s truly world class. He isn’t. He’s just a very good midfielder.

Personally I still feel that he was THE signing for us which made us into a new team, a contender. Pure quality, on and off the field.

Like Aguero he could have gone on to bigger things whilst we were still developing, but he chose not to. A Spanish player, at a time when the Spanish national tiles were dominating world football using a style that David is a matter of, and wanted by the big two over there I am sure at some points, but preferring to stay in Manchester. That is big, that showed what a project city had and what a city Manchester can be to attract and hols such a player.

Yaya and Sergio got the goals, Vinny led us to new heights, but David was always our heartbeat on the pitch. David plays well, city usually win. And David usually plays very, very well.

We are living in something of a purple patch currently as city fans, but I hope we are never too spoiled with greatness to recognise that we have had some truly immense players in our ranks this past decade, true greats who should stand shoulder to shoulder with our, and English football's, all time greats.

Silva never makes team of the season and neither has he been nominated for the Ballon D’or (spelling!) this time. People on here believe he’s truly world class. He isn’t. He’s just a very good midfielder.

Hazard and Pogba have been nominated for the Balon D’Or this time. Do you think they were better than Silva last season?

Paul Scholes didn’t tend to make teams of the season, he wasn’t too bad of a footballer. Awards tend to be given to higher profile players who court the media, unassuming players often don’t get the recognition they deserve.

Silva has been the best player in the best team in the best league in the world over the course of the last 10 years. If that doesn’t make you world class, I’m not sure what does.

Hazard and Pogba have been nominated for the Balon D’Or this time. Do you think they were better than Silva last season?

Paul Scholes didn’t tend to make teams of the season, he wasn’t too bad of a footballer. Awards tend to be given to higher profile players who court the media, unassuming players often don’t get the recognition they deserve.

Silva has been the best player in the best team in the best league in the world over the course of the last 10 years. If that doesn’t make you world class, I’m not sure what does.

And to that you can add 125 international caps playing for a Spanish side which were the best national team in the world for a big chunk of those 10 years.

This is deeply incorrect and laden with ignorance. There’s been numerous seasons of dross since 2009 including no trophies, humiliating defeats and, consistently, no Champions League title. Chelsea have been level easily.

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany and Aguero have been equally as important with honourable mentions to Yaya Toure and Tevez. Now Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne and Sterling are just as vital to a great team. Silva just one part of it.

Iniesta, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Fabregas and Xavi all contribute as much yet Silva is being hearalded as the new messiah. Naming a stand after him is an insult to those who have given the club everything.

Sad some have to Google stats. It makes them seem desperate.

This is deeply incorrect and laden with ignorance. There’s been numerous seasons of dross since 2009 including no trophies, humiliating defeats and, consistently, no Champions League title. Chelsea have been level easily.

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany and Aguero have been equally as important with honourable mentions to Yaya Toure and Tevez. Now Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne and Sterling are just as vital to a great team. Silva just one part of it.

Iniesta, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Fabregas and Xavi all contribute as much yet Silva is being hearalded as the new messiah. Naming a stand after him is an insult to those who have given the club everything.

Sad some have to Google stats. It makes them seem desperate.
There is only one person being ignorant here and it's not him,if you can't see that dave has been the heartbeat of our team then you have not been paying attention

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.