The decision to loan Barry and keep Garcia.

taconinja said:
Santiago Street . said:
How do those claiming that Barry didn't want to stay and be merely a squad player know this.

Did you read it in the papers ?

As others have pointed out a four pronged assault on immortality offers all the squad plenty of first team opportunities. Claiming Gareth wanted away for 1st team football is an easy throwaway line to use but isn't fact based as far as i can see.

Barry's twice the player Garcia will ever be and would've been a much better deputy for Ferna.
How does the OP (I think it was the OP at least) know that Garcia will be gone in the summer?

I would think he will be. His all round contribution is poor, yes he does a job but it's a job many players could do.

We need another top CM so we can rotate without losing our midfield dominance, the drop from Yaya and Fernandinho to Garcia is a bit one.

We are having a much better season and playing great football but this summer could take us to within the top 4 teams in the world.

The decision was the correct one in my opinion.

Txiki and Pellegrini aren't daft and they have made the correct decision, they did then and they will now.

Barry as much as I rate him (Still to this day the only player's name I have had on a shirt as a testament to that fact) just wasn't ever going to suit Pellegrini's team. You can argue all you like that Garcia doesn't either but it speaks volumes that one is here and the other isn't.

CTID101 said:
The decision was the correct one in my opinion.

Txiki and Pellegrini aren't daft and they have made the correct decision, they did then and they will now.

Barry as much as I rate him (Still to this day the only player's name I have had on a shirt as a testament to that fact) just wasn't ever going to suit Pellegrini's team. You can argue all you like that Garcia doesn't either but it speaks volumes that one is here and the other isn't.
yep, pretty much. I trust txiki's judgement and will continue to do so, unless he starts buying bad players.

The last handful of games Garcia has come on as sub, we've seen out the games well.

I think he could be about to turn the corner you know! His passing accuracy is VERY good. He might just have twigged how to adjust his game to this league.

Pellegrini has the ability to make this kid a useful squad player. I fucking hated his performances at CB but as DM he's capable in a 5 man mid.

leewill31 said:
Ban-jani said:
I've been watching Everton a bit this season and in particular Barry, of whom I'm a huge fan.
This isn't a thread cricising Pellegrini, as I really like him and think he's improved things,
but I want to know why the club decided we'd loan Gareth but keep Javi?

Barry's passing is far more varied and he can make penetrative balls through,
whereas Garcia cannot and passes from side to side.
Their pace is similar - next to none, but Barry reads the game much better and
get's into positions early so his pace isn't too much of an issue.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently (I know I should be just enjoying
our form!) and I want to know what other blues think?

I personally think it was a terrible decision, as was selling Suarez. The good news
is the rest of our transfer market, Jovetic aside, was fantastic.

Barry knew his time was up when we went and bought Fernandinho in june and he wasn't going to sit on the bench and hope for a game.

Barry was exceptional in his time with us and helped us to where we are now but new manager and new ideas seen Barry not fit in.

the question i would ask you is would you have barry back instead of Fernandinho?

like for like no you wouldn't but we didn't know that in august when we let barry leave. moreso cos dino's form was luke warm at best in the early days, so much so we lost games where barry would have given us better protection being used to the surroundings. fast forward 5 months and with dino settled and playing out of his skin Barry would not get in the side ahead of him, but lets say we rotate, or dino gets a red card or is injured,

so I ask you this.
would you put Barry in or Rodwell if that should happen?

thought so.

Ban-jani said:
taconinja said:
Santiago Street . said:
How do those claiming that Barry didn't want to stay and be merely a squad player know this.

Did you read it in the papers ?

As others have pointed out a four pronged assault on immortality offers all the squad plenty of first team opportunities. Claiming Gareth wanted away for 1st team football is an easy throwaway line to use but isn't fact based as far as i can see.

Barry's twice the player Garcia will ever be and would've been a much better deputy for Ferna.
How does the OP (I think it was the OP at least) know that Garcia will be gone in the summer?

I would think he will be. His all round contribution is poor, yes he does a job but it's a job many players could do.

We need another top CM so we can rotate without losing our midfield dominance, the drop from Yaya and Fernandinho to Garcia is a bit one.

We are having a much better season and playing great football but this summer could take us to within the top 4 teams in the world.
You misunderstand me. I also suspect Garcia will move in the summer. I was simply pointing out that the speculation that Barry would prefer to have a starting role for a club isn't some wild-eyed fantasy.

Manchester1894 said:
The last handful of games Garcia has come on as sub, we've seen out the games well.

I think he could be about to turn the corner you know! His passing accuracy is VERY good. He might just have twigged how to adjust his game to this league.

Pellegrini has the ability to make this kid a useful squad player. I fucking hated his performances at CB but as DM he's capable in a 5 man mid.

He's just not mobile enough and most definately not quick enough, i like the guy, think he's committed, seems popular but these qualities are not enough for me.

We can do better , we have got some special players in this team - Garcia , unfortunately isn't and wont become one.

He isn't and wont be good enough for where we are going.

When players are rotated , eventually the changes need to be "seamless" if we are going to win the competitions our brilliant owners wish to .

Reasons why this move worked for everyone

Barry - Starting role on a competitive, overachieving club. Last year of contract in a World Cup year. He would not have started over Fernandinho. His wages were also very high.

Garcia - Comfortable playing as a CB and coming off of the bench. Does a job in a midfield 3.

Man City - Squad stability

Barry is better at the moment but Garcia is improving and will surpass him. Everton would not have taken Garcia on loan nor I doubt would he have gone. Look at the points Everton have taken off all the top teams in contention other than us with Barry in the team. It might not have been planned that way but it has been a fantastic loan out for that reason alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.