The Derby at the Swamp Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: The Deby at the Swamp Post Match Discussion Thread

Can I just say - Mr Millner same again on Sunday, tonight you were F**king great.

laws of the Game, courtesy FIFA (this is 2011/12 version)

Guidelines for referees. Law 11. Offside
2ce6620.png

Law 11.
Offence
A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball
touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee,
involved in active play by:
• interfering with play or
• interfering with an opponent or
• gaining an advantage by being in that position

Just to point out. Neville's description of 'technically offside' was a good description, bacon faces whinge was not. See the bit in blue, the referee is NEVER wrong in this circumstance, it is his and his opinion alone that counts, not Rio camel gob Ferdinand's, not the commentator and certainly not bacon face's opinion.

In the referee's opinion Tevez was not obstructing the goalkeeper's line of vision.

Anyroad up, if it was my opinion (which it's not) yes it was offside. Bwahahahaha. Makes it all the sweeter ;-)

Phil Jones controlled the ball with his shoulder, so it was 'technically handball' but Neville didn't mention that. The referee considered that it was not deliberate, so the goal stood. Touché bacon chops.

Bluemoon dan said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
You sign Phil Jones and we sign Kun Aguero

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHW6iI6CQAEqugl.jpg:large[/bigimg]

God Phil Jones is a handsome chappy isn't he!
Yes.

Just finished watching my recording of the game and thought we were excellent. When we play our best 11 and move the ball with pace, we're too good for most teams. We had them fuckers chasing shadows most of the time. Reckon if Sergio was fit to play 90 we'd have really walked that. His near post runs would have got to most of the crosses put in first half.

Re: Aguerrrooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I don't wanna live in a world where Gaz Baz gets unrecognized.

Unfortunately, I do.

For every dreadful performance he has he as a long string of excellent games.

Important to re-sign him to a contract extension even as a bit-part player as he gets older and we bring in new faces.

A few observations...

Rooney's 2 footed challenge was considered reckless but not using excessive force, so a booking. Okay, where was the booking for foul and abusive language during the same incident.

The rags committed 13 fouls in the 1st half according to sky stats at half time. 5 of these were from Giggs, the 1st and 5th (I think) close to warranting a yellow card by themselves. Why no booking for persistent fouling?

About 5 cases of falling to the floor for no reason from Van Poncey and Wellbeck.

Rafael winning free kicks for bouncing off Yaya Toure.

General whingeing & abuse of the referee at every decision. Rooney even whinged when a strong tackle came in (just before his lunge) and he'd played a good ball out to the wing- he'd have moaned even more if the ref hadn't given advantage.

Don't just laugh at Jones (well you have to don't you) when watching Kun's goal. Ferdinand should have been across and committed himself just outside the area. Then as he trots back in towards goal he does a little 'oh fuck it skip'. (Nearly as funny as Giggs's face after Barry robbed him). England missing Ferdinand... my arse

The funniest part was due to the fact that after Silva went down and they insisted in playing on, when we eventually kicked the ball out and the bit of a ruckus started I'm sure we managed to waste about 3 minutes. Not saying they should have kicked the ball out but Webb was more interested in identifying the blue culprits for Mr Deane than adding time on to his board and he 'forgot' to add it on. If they had kicked it out they probably would have got another 2 minutes extra time and 2 minutes more out of the 3 that we wasted. Well done GazBaz, that yellow card was definitely one for the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.