The Derby at the Swamp Post Match Discussion Thread

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
teddykgb said:
the best part about watching Sergio's goal that isn't the actual strike is watching MUFC captain Patrice Evra make absolutely no attempt to play his position as Aguero runs into his space and drills the game winner. Watch it again, he doesn't even make it inside the penalty area!

Watch Youngs reaction..Like a spoilt little school kid..****

Unfortunately the .gif cuts out De Gea's spoiled little tantrum as well

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Dubai Blue said:
the blue panther said:
Hart - he thought he knew what was coming - a near post shot. That's why he made a dick of himself, diving under the ball and flapping as it sailed over him to the back post. Easy to be critical, but not sure its entirely fair though. Perhaps we should be more critical of Yaya giving away a needless free kick when he had Rafael well covered and unable to cause any danger, when he leaned into him. In the end though, we won, so nothing else really matters!
Speaking of Yaya, WTF was he thinking when he drilled that free-kick at Aguero with about 30 seconds to go?

In the space of about 5 seconds we went from having a free-kick deep in united's half and a great opportunity to see the game out, to the rags having a corner and a chance at equalising.

It was the sort of naivety that cost us dear in Madrid and in the derby earlier in this season. Need to cut that sort of stupidity out of our game.

Thankfully it didn't hurt us this time and ruin what was a fantastic performance from the whole team.

I was amazed that a player of his experience would do that. I couldn't believe it and evra could have scored from the corner. It was incredibly stupid

I'm so glad someone has mentioned this. I wanted to but thought I'd be shot down for being petty.

But it really was a stupid decision by Yaya considering we've previously conceded FIVE injury time heartbreakers in the past ten derbies.

When we were awarded the free-kick I cheered because it was essentially all over. All we had to do was knock it short and retain possession for half a minute. Knock it back to Joe if need must.

I was going spare when they got a corner out of it.

Damanino said:
Great match, wish we would play with the same passion, intensity more times in the league against lesser opponents...
There wouldnt be a big point gap that's sure.

Pretty much everybody was great, even Nasri, good all around performance. There was a nervous 20 minutes after their goal, but we reacted well and won with a beautiful goal.

We need to keep the momentum and beat Chelsea too.

I really don't think it's a passion issue, it's more that United keeps running out these awful midfields that our midfield, as weak as it is, can completely overrun. I was terrified when they got Kagawa but he can't seem to break into their team and he seems to not go box to box anyway. If you look at it, we've got Milner, Barry, and Yaya all really playing the full width and it just seems to overcome their squad.

We get into trouble with the hard working high press teams who can take our midfield to task for its own limitations. I think it's just a horses for courses thing, which is why we've looked really good against the likes of Chelsea and United (1st half at home not withstanding) while complete shit against lesser and better CL sides who have a style of play that our midfield can't seem to answer

Anyone capture video of our fans singing Pride of Manchester? Goosebumps when I heard that, so loud and proud.

teddykgb said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
teddykgb said:
the best part about watching Sergio's goal that isn't the actual strike is watching MUFC captain Patrice Evra make absolutely no attempt to play his position as Aguero runs into his space and drills the game winner. Watch it again, he doesn't even make it inside the penalty area!

Watch Youngs reaction..Like a spoilt little school kid..****

Unfortunately the .gif cuts out De Gea's spoiled little tantrum as well
Young's reaction to Zaba losing his temper and having a pop at him was funny as fcuk. He looked like a schoolboy then, he truly cacked himself. Rabbit in a headlight face. Priceless

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Anyone know if Michael Carrick's touched the ball yet?

Would genuinely like to know how many times he did touch it. Can't think of a single meaningful contribution - and I actually rate him and think he's been good this season.

The way in which Yaya and Barry have got the measure of any midfield the rags can put out is just a joy to behold.

Dubai Blue said:
the blue panther said:
Hart - he thought he knew what was coming - a near post shot. That's why he made a dick of himself, diving under the ball and flapping as it sailed over him to the back post. Easy to be critical, but not sure its entirely fair though. Perhaps we should be more critical of Yaya giving away a needless free kick when he had Rafael well covered and unable to cause any danger, when he leaned into him. In the end though, we won, so nothing else really matters!
Speaking of Yaya, WTF was he thinking when he drilled that free-kick at Aguero with about 30 seconds to go?

In the space of about 5 seconds we went from having a free-kick deep in united's half and a great opportunity to see the game out, to the rags having a corner and a chance at equalising.

It was the sort of naivety that cost us dear in Madrid and in the derby earlier in this season. Need to cut that sort of stupidity out of our game.

Thankfully it didn't hurt us this time and ruin what was a fantastic performance from the whole team.

I got it. The idea was he drilled it the sergio who took the pace off the ball by turning it round his marker and nipping in behind. It almost worked too!

sh249 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Anyone know if Michael Carrick's touched the ball yet?

Would genuinely like to know how many times he did touch it. Can't think of a single meaningful contribution - and I actually rate him and think he's been good this season.

The way in which Yaya and Barry have got the measure of any midfield the rags can put out is just a joy to behold.

Taking to a Rag on the way home from the game and most of them think Yaya is our best player. How they would have loves to sign him.

Tim of the Oak said:
Taking to a Rag on the way home from the game and most of them think Yaya is our best player. How they would have loves to sign him.
He has perhaps the most unique blend of size, speed and skill in all of football. There are better players in the world, but I'm not sure there's anybody who can beat you in so many different ways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.