The Derby at the Swamp Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Aguero's shooting technique for that goal

Tricky_Trev said:
I can't get over how good that goal was! Put virtually any other player in that situation and they would have skied the ball high, wide and not very handsome. He was completely off balance just prior to shooting, he'd been shoved and could easily have won a penalty. But Aguero knows his class. Just like against QPR last season... why go to ground when i am Sergio Aguero and i can do anything? The way he adjusted his body to get his centre of gravity directly over the ball, whilst also ensuring he was still able to generate enough power in the shot, was simply world class. His chest was almost parrallel to the ground and his head was almost 2 feet infront of the ball. Breathtaking goal. Only Sergio can improvise like that, imo. Perfect balance, when he in fact had none. Genuis.

aguerogoal.jpg

When Yaya collects the ball there are 8 red shirts between him and the goal. When Kun collects the ball there are four red shirts between him and the goal, and there are five red shirts no more than 10 yards away from the ball.

Kun collects the ball about 25 yards out to the left of the goal, and shoots from about 7 yards out from the right of the goal. When you factor in the diagonal, he dribbles with the ball for about 25 yards (about a quarter of the length of the pitch). He does so from not quite a standing start, but he had been running for only 3 or 4 yards when he collected Yaya’s pass. He then beats three red shirts for pace. When he enters the area there are four red shirts within 3 yards of the ball. He leaves them all behind, despite being bundled by Welbeck whilst sprinting at top speed (don’t forget the excuses about Ashley Young and Gareth Bale going over easily when running at pace).

Running at an oblique angle to the goal, at top speed, he then produces a shot of such power that it was past De Gea (who was in perfect position) before he could react. So he beats 3 rags in a 25 yard dribble through a pretty packed defence and then batters the ball in whilst running off balance and at top speed.

I have spent some time watching and re watching that goal this morning.

I still cannot get over how good it was.

blueian99 said:
Not seen it mentioned anywhere else, but for their goal, if the ball hadn't hit Vinny, wouldn't Jones have missed an open goal from a foot out?

If it hadnt have hit Vinny then it would have gone away from goal..

Noticed that the vast majority of rags went straight down the tunnel at the final whistle. Not many shaking hands. Plus when they played on when Silva was down, thats fine as its up to the ref. However Clichy purposefully booted it out and they didnt give it back.

Classless

The whole tea were up for it yesterday to put the Red fuckers back in their box.

We are better than them but they have just had that little bit extra in 4/5 games than us

We bossed the midfield, stretched their defence all over the place, kept their strikers quiet and shut their fans up

We'll be back next year and fuck them over again.

samharris said:
blueian99 said:
Not seen it mentioned anywhere else, but for their goal, if the ball hadn't hit Vinny, wouldn't Jones have missed an open goal from a foot out?

If it hadnt have hit Vinny then it would have gone away from goal..

Yeah , it's a bit of a mystery why Jones didn't manage to head the ball directly into the net , i can only assume he doesn't quite see the cross clearly until the last second ......

all a bit unfortunate for Vincent Kompany , who was quite brilliant last night , and could do nothing to get out of the way of Jones's header ...... in my opinion you have to ask questions of Joe Hart on that goal , his positioning did him few favours , and he MUST have known what was coming !

Hart - he thought he knew what was coming - a near post shot. That's why he made a dick of himself, diving under the ball and flapping as it sailed over him to the back post. Easy to be critical, but not sure its entirely fair though. Perhaps we should be more critical of Yaya giving away a needless free kick when he had Rafael well covered and unable to cause any danger, when he leaned into him. In the end though, we won, so nothing else really matters!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.