The Derby Post Match Thread

80s Shorts said:
80s Shorts said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Can we quite this revisionism. Mancini was sacked because he refused to work with the people he needed to work with and basically told the Sheikh to piss off when he was asked to do that. And 2012/13 wasn't a great deal better than this season has been.

I don't disagree that some of the players are past their sell-by date and need to be moved on. But to say it's a disgrace that the owners backed the players over Mancini is utter and complete bollocks. Macini was 100% the architect of his own downfall, from the day he handed his resignation letter in just after we won the title.

You keep saying this.

In what way did Mancini tell "the Sheik to piss off".

I'm interested. I also think it is absolute crap.

So go on, fill in the details since you seem so informed.

No ?

Or are you still composing your post.

mancini_2035028c.jpg

Thanks Mario
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/FinallyMario/status/587271518410973184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/FinallyMario/status ... 8410973184</a>

City_In_Chicago said:
A lot of talk about the attitude but apart from yaya I'm not so sure. think our backline just isn't what it was. Vincent hobbled and mangala not settling in yet. We need some new players but not sure a complete overhaul is needed. I think most of the lads are trying but age has caught up to some of them and others just need more time settling in. 3-4 good signing (including one superstart) and we're right back in the thick of things.

If I'm honest I think this as well, all teams have a life cycle and ideally you need a manager to spot the over the top players and replace them. This team has given me some of the best moments of my life including Yaya (United semi - Stoke FA Cup Semi - last year). I don't want to part with any of them on acrimonious terms. They deserve better and we should be better than that anyway. However, there's no doubting that we have come up short against virtually all the top teams we have played this year in both the League and CL. Every top class team needs a top class defence that is where we should rebuild first.

gangerolv said:
the luck they have sickens me. we outplayed them and should have been 3-0 up before they got their lucky equalizer.

no excuse for beeing so pathetic for 75 minutes today, but the luck they have had this season if unbelievable.
So your saying we played well for 15 minutes then.
We were shite todau after conceding that 1st goal

We are the only team in England who can make Jones and Smalling look like world beaters. What a disgrace - I might still have a chance for a run against them two at 52. Might look the age but the legs still work.

We have alot of problems but Toure is a major problem. He's so fucking lazy its unreal. I feel so sorry for Fernandinho, He does the work of two men every time he plays. He must be fucking knackered. It sometimes makes him look shit because he's trying to deal with two players every time the opposition breaks because that fat fucker can't be arsed to jog never mind run and get back. I know Silva etc... Should do better but its a pretty important job for a Cm. Surely pelegrini can see it. And why the hell is he vice captain?? He couldn't inspire a coke addict to snort a line. It's nothing to do with age he's just a lazy fucker who's getting paid ridiculous amounts of money for doing fuck all.

From now till the end of the season id play with lampard or Fernando. I know some don't rate Fernando but at least the lad trys and doesn't walk around the pitch thinking he's Mr big shot and he can't really do much worst could he!!

I suppose this is the thing. Get someone in for the rest of the season who plays the squad in their best positions, and a system that suits and they could just win all the remaing games.

I am not so down on this team as most of the rest of you.

Also, the owner should be f***ing furious if he is asked for budget to overhaul the squad this summer. That is one meeting I wouldn't like to be in.

The slaughtered lamb said:
01MANC said:
Yaya needs to quietly leave at the end of the season and not tarnish any further what should be a legendary status.

Great memories, but he's now damaging the team.

he wouldn't be if he was played in his best position.

Prestwich_Blue said:
80s Shorts said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Can we quite this revisionism. Mancini was sacked because he refused to work with the people he needed to work with and basically told the Sheikh to piss off when he was asked to do that. And 2012/13 wasn't a great deal better than this season has been.

I don't disagree that some of the players are past their sell-by date and need to be moved on. But to say it's a disgrace that the owners backed the players over Mancini is utter and complete bollocks. Macini was 100% the architect of his own downfall, from the day he handed his resignation letter in just after we won the title.

You keep saying this.

In what way did Mancini tell "the Sheik to piss off".

I'm interested. I also think it is absolute crap.

So go on, fill in the details since you seem so informed.
After handing in his notice or threatening to a number of times, showing a complete lack of respect to Soriano and Begiristain and generally being an arsehole, he was told to go to Abu Dhabi after we played Newcastle. He saw Simon Pearce and possibly the Sheikh himself (not 100% sure about that that) and was told he would either work as part of a team or he was gone. He made it clear he wanted to have sole control or nothing so he came back in little doubt about his fate. That was the final straw and a board meeting to ratify his sacking took place on the Thursday or Friday before the derby. There's no possibility he didn't know about that or wasn't expecting it.

Where is all this handing his resignation in numerous times coming from?

Are you just believing everything you read in the papers and taking it as gospel?

01MANC said:
Yaya needs to quietly leave at the end of the season and not tarnish any further what should be a legendary status.

Great memories, but he's now damaging the team.

Sorry I disagree with blaming Yaya, he's been poor this season it's true, but the ultimate blame lies as much with the manager. Everyone can see Yaya cannot play in a two man midfield, yet the manager continues to play the same tactic over and over again.

Get rid of the manager, play to Yaya's strength's and we'll see a much better player return to form again (along with a lot of other of our key players too).

@BluePhil8 said:
I don’t even know where to start.

If you analyse this season you can split it in to three very clear segments.

1. August through to November.
This period acted as a nice prelude to the rest of the season: losing to Arsenal in the Community Shield, losing at home to Stoke in the League, going out of the Capital One Cup at home to Newcastle and nearly capitulating completely in Europe by failing to record a single win in our opening four group games.

2. November through to December.
Without doubt the pinnacle of our season. We won every game during these two months except for two: a draw against Burnley in the League and a loss to CSKA in Europe. Somehow we managed to claw back the gap against Chelsea and scrape through our group in Europe.

3. January to now.
Our record: Played 17 Won 6 Draw 3 Lost 8
This includes a humiliating FA Cup exit to Middlesbrough at home and two convincing defeats against Barcelona.

It just speaks for itself. This period now is the worst it has been since the takeover in 2008. I could accept Hughes drawing 8 in a row, we still had Kelvin Etuhu and a whole host of average players. This is unacceptable in the strongest possible way.

I just want to break down our transfer spending since Txiki Begiristain arrived at the club in October 2012.

Fernandinho £30,000,000
Sagna Free
Fernando £12,000,000
Demichellis £2,500,000
Negredo £20,000,000
Jovetic £22,000,000
Navas £15,000,000
Caballero £6,000,000
Lampard Free
Zuculini £3,000,000
Mangala £32,000,000
Bony £28,000,000

Total expenditure £170,500,000 in three years, on twelve players. From the above players only three were in the first eleven today: Fernandinho, Navas and Demichellis, the rest were signed by Garry Cook and Mancini. Any City fan who has the cheek to claim Financial Fair Play has hampered us is deluding themselves. Whilst we spend the night away on average squad players, we are releasing players for free in most cases.

Carlos Tevez £10,000,000
K.Toure Free
Pantillimon Free
Lescott Free
Barry £2,000,000
Nastasic £6,000,000
Richards Free
Guidetti Free

The club is being ran in a shambolic way by the Director of Football and our manager. This regression started soon after Garry Cook left. Can we entrust £150,000,000 to rebuild this team with these two baboons? All of the evidence suggests we would be insane to do so. The funny thing is, some City fans on Bluemoon will actually support Pellegrini through this and anyone that wants him sacked will be sneered at by a select few. We’ve got executives coming out saying we will always play attractive football win lose or draw, don’t make me laugh, the football is turgid, unattractive and lacks any intensity.

Today, Burnley, Palace, Stoke, Newcastle, Middlesbrough. I’ve actually been ashamed of the teams performances in all of these games. The players out there, every last one of them except Aguero and Silva have displayed this season that they don’t have the heart to play for this club. It’s going to be a tough summer but Yaya, Kolarov, Dzeko, Jovetic and Lampard will all have to leave. If it was fiscally possible I would also be binning Fernando and Sagna. Kompany and Zabaleta I will give the benefit of the doubt but only because they have been loyal servants to us and I seriously blame Pellegrini for our shambolic defending. Lopez, Pozo, Denayer will all have to play squad parts next season if we run out of money. They might not be good enough but we’ll never blood them if they are out on loan every year. I’d rather play a shit academy player than a shit £12,000,000 player like Fernando.

Another thing that has beat me down is the absolute apathy emanating from the club. No urgency from the board to take action, backing the teams performances whilst we slide down the table, Pellegrini saying we are playing well when we’ve won 6 in 17, the fans not caring when we get leathered in Europe. Everything about the club just radiates “who gives a shit?” This is personified by the absolute wankers who ring 5Live, TalkSPORT and GMR and say “well at least we don’t have to play Barnet in League 2 anymore, I was there you know!!!”

I’m losing track here but I am absolutely fuming at our slide from the best team in England, with a serious opportunity to begin a dynasty stretching out for years, to being out fought by wank players like Young, Fellaini, Blind, Smalling and Jones. Every single person at the club should be ashamed of themselves tonight and the fans should demand better by demanding this pudding of a manager is sacked before he takes us right out of the top 4 with his 442 shit.

Thanks for the memories but this side and management structure must be dissembled. Khaldoon, do the business and get rid of the DoF and the manager and move heaven and earth to install Ancelotti and give him full control.

Well said Phil.

It won't change a thing though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.