The Derby Post Match Thread

nellyonthewing said:
For 20 minutes we showed what a gulf in class there is between us ,then for 70 minutes we showed the gulf in effort ,desire,leadership and teamwork.
Bingo, bingo, bingo. Nail on head. Give this man (sky) Blue Peter badge.
Player for player I'm not sure I'd swap any, though granny-shagger might be able to do what Tevez used to.
Their midfield was fast, mobile and hungry. Our midfield just plods.
OK it was their cup final, and outside they looked like they were celebrating a very unexpected victory, but we just coasted. As we do.
There was no urgency, no desire, no anything after the first 20 minutes.
I hate to say this but we need more muscle and pace because the skill-based game just doesn't appear to work against hard workers and bus parkers.
Also, I notice a lack of cunts posting moronic "give your fannies a wipe" comments tonight. Perhaps even those retarded fuckwits have finally realised this has been on the cards for months. That's not a plea to change the manager; more a plea to change the attitude.

Fernd_06 said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
blueincy said:
Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore admits that Manchester United’s struggles this season have damaged the global appeal of the competition.

Considered one of the world’s biggest sporting brands, United have a huge fan-base outside the UK, and their slump since Sir Alex Ferguson was replaced by David Moyes has already affected commercial success.

Speaking during a promotional visit to Johannesburg, Scudamore told Bloomberg: ‘It’s a double-edged sword. When your most popular club isn’t doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places.

sorry mate , it was a WUM , there was no agenda today , we were a shambles. But football is a business , the premier league do not want their stellar name in the competiton struggling , just like twatini wouldnt want real,barca or bayern out of the champs league , its all about the money ,money ,money , and we have boat loads of it , so we will be OK.

If Twatini lets us spend, we will be walking titles every season. Now we are just forced to buy dross and suffer. We will have to encash on Toure etc now.

No we won't. Having the money is one thing, using it well is another.
We've had more than enough to at least put in a good standing this season, but instead we've been crap.

tomMCFC29 said:
Thanks Mario
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/FinallyMario/status/587271518410973184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/FinallyMario/status ... 8410973184</a>

Say what you want about Mario, but he shown more love for City in that tweet than most of the players did today.

FanchesterCity said:
blueincy said:
FanchesterCity said:
Being wanted by other clubs isn't a confirmation of him being good. It can just as easily confirm that we aren't the only team capable of being interested in duds. However, none of the others actually bought him, and we did. They (arguably) didn't think he was worth what be paid, or they'd have put in a bigger bid.

He MIGHT actually turn out to be very good after all. But a 40m price tag rather suggests we were buying into a ready mean defender, not one where we are left waiting to see.

Boateng!!!

JO!!!!!!
Did we make 3 mil on him after just 16 games??

East Level 2 said:
nellyonthewing said:
For 20 minutes we showed what a gulf in class there is between us ,then for 70 minutes we showed the gulf in effort ,desire,leadership and teamwork.
Bingo, bingo, bingo. Nail on head. Give this man (sky) Blue Peter badge.
Player for player I'm not sure I'd swap any, though granny-shagger might be able to do what Tevez used to.
Their midfield was fast, mobile and hungry. Our midfield just plods.
OK it was their cup final, and outside they looked like they were celebrating a very unexpected victory, but we just coasted. As we do.
There was no urgency, no desire, no anything after the first 20 minutes.
I hate to say this but we need more muscle and pace because the skill-based game just doesn't appear to work against hard workers and bus parkers.
Also, I notice a lack of c**ts posting moronic "give your fannies a wipe" comments tonight. Perhaps even those retarded fuckwits have finally realised this has been on the cards for months. That's not a plea to change the manager; more a plea to change the attitude.

Rubbish... class IS effort, desire, leadership and teamwork.
There's nothing classy about being good for 20 minutes. and useless for 70.

Fernd_06 said:
If Twatini lets us spend, we will be walking titles every season. Now we are just forced to buy dross and suffer. We will have to encash on Toure etc now.

I worry that as much as FFP was brought in to stop the likes of us, we have become complicit in it and some internally perhaps started to view it as an advantage FOR us - less chance of someone coming along and challenging us, perhaps less need to spend as much to stay competitive? That we got in 'just in time' and now it's time to pull the ladder up?

We didn't exactly put up much of an argument as we meekly paid our fine and complied with all sanctions?

That is the first time I can ever remember that I have sat and watched a derby without an excruciating anxiety in my stomach. Why? Because there was no point during that game where I felt we were going to win. Even at 2-1 I wanted it to finish because you could see it only getting worse. There is zero passion in that team and Robbie Savage hit the nail when he said we were awful without the ball.

First 20 minutes proved we are technically better than that Rag team. But we were out worked and done on graft and pressing today. Watch the rags press and compare it to what we do. They press the man on the ball and then anticipate where the next pass is going to go and they're ready to press it and you end up sending the long ball. City send one man to the ball and that's it, a team can pass to the side and they're out.

The best teams impose their game on others. Bayern, Barca etc. press you to play THEIR game. United are certainly not the fucking elite of this world. That's a team of average players who have been well drilled in what to do. If that bag of shite with and Young and Fellaini can do it, why can't we? We are far too devoid of work, passion and desire and it's not good enough. In my opinion, we should be top of this league or at least second. In terms of technical ability, we are up there. We're where we are and losing out to teams because they work harder than we do and simply want it more.

In regard to the big issue of the manager, he is a nice, honest guy. Last season, he had a good, motivated team. They were on the back of a bad year and had the natural reaction of going for he league again. This year he has a team a year older, on the back of a World Cup, and one who seemingly don't have the mental strength to sustain their success. It's the spitting image of Mancini's tenure. And I do not believe two esteemed managers will have made the same errors in motivating and inspiring performance in this team. I believe these players struggle to go again and for a lack of performance I do not blame the manager.

However, where the manager takes full responsibility is not dealing with the problem he faces. If you have a team that's not playing well and a system and style of play that's not working, CHANGE IT. I hate to give the man credit, but Rodgers at Liverpool had a shit start to the season and he changed the system and players because of it. Here we have Toure causing problems defensively and zero width or pace in the attack. But instead of trying to change, he has stuck with the same style of play and persisted until we've got bitten. Today it was obvious where the rags threat would lie in Fellaini and the left channel. Neville has banged on about it for weeks, yet Pellegrini sticks his least reliable defensively minded midfielder on him? Even when it's going wrong in the game he makes no change. He appears oblivious to what's going on and refuses to make a change. I have no doubt he can coach pretty football, and I don't wish to do him a disservice because I believe he is a very good coach, but in only coaching one style and brand of football. We have no plan B and it tells.

You can argue a case that the players that have been bought for him arguably limit the system he can play, so in the summer I was hoping that buying some younger players, hopefully with pace would help him change how we play, and for all I know it still might. But my confidence in him is gone, particularly as a tactician. I was willing to give him a year and try, and then take the best around in Guardiola, but after today, his post is untenable. He has lost the players entirely. I think like it will be with a majority of the players themselves, it's a case of thank you and goodbye for the manager.

We need passion on the pitch and with the manager; someone who can transmit that to the stands and to the fans. You go to games at the minute and playing Bluemoon before the game is now an indicator for people to sit down as opposed to standing up and belting their hearts out. There needs to be big change around the club and I think this result today will finally hammer it home.

Some are suggesting that during the game the 'players weren't up for it' or that there was a 'lack of desire' (relative to United players). Or even that the players 'left Pellgrini out for the wolves'.

I disagree, I think collectively and individually the players were up for it today - evidenced by the first 15 minutes. They wanted it.

The problem came when United got a grasp in the game around the 15 minute mark and we stopped attacking - it becomes irrelevant how much we 'wanted it' on the day.

Once we are required to work as a defensive unit, it is clear that we are not prepared properly. The players individually are poorly conditioned, they can't match United if they wanted to. (So many jogging back).

We so clearly don't train hard enough. We can't defend set pieces, or attack with them. We can't play offside. The fullbacks and wingers constantly lose their men. Midfielders don't know who to pick up. We press poorly so sporadically.

We rarely overwhelm certain key areas of the pitch and play triangles in these spaces. (which is certainly the only thing we train?)

The players were arsed today. But generally speaking, they havn't been arsed enough since last May - in their training and their tactical preparation.

The lack of conditioning and training is frightening - I just can't imagine Toure, Nasri, Dzeko et. al staying behind for an extra 30 minutes heading practice.

I bet training is far to cushy, and played at snails place. Would be shocked if set plays were trained with any sort of dedication or intensity.

In short: The players wanted it, their just hopelessly prepared/conditioned and trained: Ultimately this comes down to the manager and the extent to which the players buy into the manager's demands. From a purely professional point of view its poor that some of them are in such bad shape, but when we see Mangala and Kompany playing people onside for fun, thats the managers fault in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.