The Derby Post Match Thread

5948947 said:
Does Pellers work on defensive shape in training cause we are a fucking shambles at the back and have been all season

This for me is the most baffling.
The bloke was a center half for his whole career. 400 plus games. Where is the expertise?

The team is a very good reflection of the man at the helm. Most teams are.

Some of the players however are seriously under performing. The players we have though are not suited to the managers tactics. It's just not worked this year. The players have lost faith in the management and the management have lost control of the battle. We are in disarray. If it were combat we would retreat and face defeat.

FanchesterCity said:
East Level 2 said:
nellyonthewing said:
For 20 minutes we showed what a gulf in class there is between us ,then for 70 minutes we showed the gulf in effort ,desire,leadership and teamwork.
Bingo, bingo, bingo. Nail on head. Give this man (sky) Blue Peter badge.
Player for player I'm not sure I'd swap any, though granny-shagger might be able to do what Tevez used to.
Their midfield was fast, mobile and hungry. Our midfield just plods.
OK it was their cup final, and outside they looked like they were celebrating a very unexpected victory, but we just coasted. As we do.
There was no urgency, no desire, no anything after the first 20 minutes.
I hate to say this but we need more muscle and pace because the skill-based game just doesn't appear to work against hard workers and bus parkers.
Also, I notice a lack of c**ts posting moronic "give your fannies a wipe" comments tonight. Perhaps even those retarded fuckwits have finally realised this has been on the cards for months. That's not a plea to change the manager; more a plea to change the attitude.

Rubbish... class IS effort, desire, leadership and teamwork.
There's nothing classy about being good for 20 minutes. and useless for 70.

Your reply is rubbish. The point made is obvious. We have the skill/class but not the desire.

Without the desire the skill/class is not enough. Simple but pertinent point.

stony said:
One thing that did piss me off during the game was the reaction of Tyler and Neville when Demi got an elbow in the face.
Fellaini has a reputation as a serial thug. Leading with his elbow in a deliberate attempt to hurt opposition players is a trademark of his game. Yet neither of those cunts mentioned it. Instead, they seized upon the opportunity to slag Demi off when he jumped up too quickly. It was so fucking blatant of them it was embarrassing. You could almost hear the relief in their voices when he jumped up, now they had an excuse to talk about something other than the fact that Fellaini is a thug.
They should have been highlighting and discussing the elbow because it's not the first time, it's not even the second or third, that **** does this about 5 times a fucking season and nothing is ever said.

I hate Felaini but watch the incident again, Demichellis was fucking embarrassing

how have we started playing long ball joe hart wollop downfield or out of play giving aguero no chance and centre backs launching it on every occasion and what about navas and his floated corners do we work on the training ground or not i have my doubts!

'your my boy said:
Some are suggesting that during the game the 'players weren't up for it' or that there was a 'lack of desire' (relative to United players). Or even that the players 'left Pellgrini out for the wolves'.

I disagree, I think collectively and individually the players were up for it today - evidenced by the first 15 minutes. They wanted it.

The problem came when United got a grasp in the game around the 15 minute mark and we stopped attacking - it becomes irrelevant how much we 'wanted it' on the day.

Once we are required to work as a defensive unit, it is clear that we are not prepared properly. The players individually are poorly conditioned, they can't match United if they wanted to. (So many jogging back).

We so clearly don't train hard enough. We can't defend set pieces, or attack with them. We can't play offside. The fullbacks and wingers constantly lose their men. Midfielders don't know who to pick up. We press poorly so sporadically.

We rarely overwhelm certain key areas of the pitch and play triangles in these spaces. (which is certainly the only thing we train?)

The players were arsed today. But generally speaking, they havn't been arsed enough since last May - in their training and their tactical preparation.

The lack of conditioning and training is frightening - I just can't imagine Toure, Nasri, Dzeko et. al staying behind for an extra 30 minutes heading practice.

I bet training is far to cushy, and played at snails place. Would be shocked if set plays were trained with any sort of dedication or intensity.

In short: The players wanted it, their just hopelessly prepared/conditioned and trained: Ultimately this comes down to the manager and the extent to which the players buy into the manager's demands. From a purely professional point of view its poor that some of them are in such bad shape, but when we see Mangala and Kompany playing people onside for fun, thats the managers fault in my opinion.

That's like saying your wife was up for it during the early years... but by the end of the marriage she wasn't.
Being up for it at the start's not enough, they need to be up for it for the full 90. Walking back to the halfway line with a potential 7 minutes to go isn't up for it.

FanchesterCity said:
blueincy said:
FanchesterCity said:
Did we make 3 mil on him after just 16 games??

All good players are wanted by other clubs, but being wanted by other clubs doesn't make you a good player.

So why put jo!!!
Boateng was a good player and proves it time again..

So your saying Mangala is crap even though he isnt played enough..
Nasty was also crap then?
Are you a Shill?

Its always difficult to take a defeat at the scaffold.

But, to lose to 2 offsides, one fluke and one defensive non sense makes it worse.

Our players just seem to lose all heart when thinks go against them. I accept that it must be hard to keep playing better than teams and still lose, but the heads go down far to quickly.

It isnt going our way at the moment but now is the time that REAL men stand up. Do we have any?

Please god we do or we are fucked.

He persistently gets away with it, if that was the other way about, Shrek would have been screaming for a red.
MD should have stayed on the floor.

birchwoodgingerste said:
how have we started playing long ball joe hart wollop downfield or out of play giving aguero no chance and centre backs launching it on every occasion and what about navas and his floated corners do we work on the training ground or not i have my doubts!

Cos he sees Yaya in midfield and decides to bypass him!
But on a serious note, I agree entirely. Aguero's fantastic but he's not a miracle worker. Feel sorry for the lad if he's being expected to hold the ball up against 6'4 CB's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.