The Derby Post Match Thread

Stoned Rose said:
When we slapped Utd 6-1 that was the beginning of an era.

To me today felt like an end of an era. That same sort of inevitable, lethargic feeling you get when a relationship is coming to an end. When the 'spark' has gone and there is no desire to even try one more time to get the old heart racing even for old time's sake.

It felt like a significant number of the players had 'given up' and already know they're going. It felt like we were genuinely simply going through the motions. To many of them simply have no fucks left to give.

Given this same group of men were Champions and Double Winners last season and played some breathtakingly wonderful football throughout the season that is a tragic state of affairs.

I spotted the seeds of this in the 2 CSKA games and those pathetic early domestic cup defeats. It was clear.

To many 'been there, done it, got nothing to prove' performances and to many players with their heads elsewhere made worse by a manager who is 'to nice' and doesn't shake them out of it.

We were shit today and Utd deserved the win. They were miles better than us because they wanted it more.

The end of an era.

What's to come is unknown but knowing this wonderful club it'll be one hell of a ride.
At 3-1 I turned round and commented 'this team's done'.

Big summer coming up..

Stoned Rose said:

To me today felt like an end of an era. That same sort of inevitable, lethargic feeling you get when a relationship is coming to an end. When the 'spark' has gone and there is no desire to even try one more time to get the old heart racing even for old time's sake.

It felt like a significant number of the players had 'given up' and already know they're going. It felt like we were genuinely simply going through the motions. To many of them simply have no fucks left to give.

Given this same group of men were Champions and Double Winners last season and played some breathtakingly wonderful football throughout the season that is a tragic state of affairs.

I spotted the seeds of this in the 2 CSKA games and those pathetic early domestic cup defeats. It was clear.

To many 'been there, done it, got nothing to prove' performances and to many players with their heads elsewhere made worse by a manager who is 'to nice' and doesn't shake them out of it.

We were shit today and Utd deserved the win. They were miles better than us because they wanted it more.

The end of an era.

What's to come is unknown but knowing this wonderful club it'll be one hell of a ride.
Great post SR, especially the last bit. Never a dull moment.

And I also completely agree: today felt very much like the end of an era for what has been a wonderful group of players.

where was the passion pride & guts today against the rags

Man United v City
What can I say the team today lacked
Passion
pride
Guts
The city support was great at OT
The rags wanted it more than us today
The Team let the fans down today
We had a great time of late but now we have to start again
im proud to be a blue & always will be, Some of our players lack respect
Id run & work like mad for my team for no money
These players on 150k a week take the piss out of us all & city
Just get rid of these Fucking Plastic Footballers who don't give a fuck about us
Id support city in the conference league with 100% footballers who give a damn
im sick to death of watching overpaid players who cant take corners throw ins & back pass all the time
Time for a change
We ve had it good the last few years & we will have it good again one day...................

Stoned Rose said:

The end of an era.

Post of the night mate.

lancs blue said:
What I can't get my head round is, what was the preparation for this game?? Surely the coaching staff must have twigged that Fellaini would be a major focal point for their attacks yet there was no obvious attempt to man-mark him. Instead he was allowed to pull away onto each full back for their first two goals. I accept that you could never leave a man-marking job to Yaya in his current mood but why was no alternative attempted?
If you read the bit of Bellamy's autobiography where he signed for Liverpool, he talks about Benitez. He didn't really relate to him as a person but he said he was the most tactically aware manager he'd ever worked with. They didn't do five-a-sides in training, like we seem to do, but focused almost exclusively on the tactical situations they were planning to use in the next game and on nullifying the opponents' strengths. They'd practice these routines ad nauseam.

He would use video analysis to go through the opposition’s strengths and weaknesses. Our preparation for games was extremely thorough. Nothing was left to chance.

Does anyone think we prepare to that level?

Stoned Rose said:

The end of an era.

Excellent post.

Stoned Rose said:

The end of an era.

Very spot on. I wondered if this would be a last glorious stand for the generation of players that changed it all in the wake of the takeover. Instead we got that dinner out with the soon to be ex-significant other where she is just bitching a storm about everything from moment one and you can't fucking wait for the dinner (and relationship) to be over.

The positive thing is that although significant others come and go, there will always be CITY! Back next year both younger, fitter, and with a far, far better attitude I imagine.

I just hope to fuck that we can wring enough out of this old relationship with the current squad to stay ahead of the dippers and So'ton.

Re: where was the passion pride & guts today against the rag

sallythecat said:
Man United v City
What can I say the team today lacked
Passion
pride
Guts
The city support was great at OT
The rags wanted it more than us today
The Team let the fans down today
We had a great time of late but now we have to start again
im proud to be a blue & always will be, Some of our players lack respect
Id run & work like mad for my team for no money
These players on 150k a week take the piss out of us all & city
Take the piss big style .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.