The Derby Post Match Thread

What I can't get my head round is, what was the preparation for this game?? Surely the coaching staff must have twigged that Fellaini would be a major focal point for their attacks yet there was no obvious attempt to man-mark him. Instead he was allowed to pull away onto each full back for their first two goals. I accept that you could never leave a man-marking job to Yaya in his current mood but why was no alternative attempted?

When we slapped Utd 6-1 that was the beginning of an era.

To me today felt like an end of an era. That same sort of inevitable, lethargic feeling you get when a relationship is coming to an end. When the 'spark' has gone and there is no desire to even try one more time to get the old heart racing even for old time's sake.

It felt like a significant number of the players had 'given up' and already know they're going. It felt like we were genuinely simply going through the motions. To many of them simply have no fucks left to give.

Given this same group of men were Champions and Double Winners last season and played some breathtakingly wonderful football throughout the season that is a tragic state of affairs.

I spotted the seeds of this in the 2 CSKA games and those pathetic early domestic cup defeats. It was clear.

To many 'been there, done it, got nothing to prove' performances and to many players with their heads elsewhere made worse by a manager who is 'to nice' and doesn't shake them out of it.

We were shit today and Utd deserved the win. They were miles better than us because they wanted it more.

The end of an era.

What's to come is unknown but knowing this wonderful club it'll be one hell of a ride.

karen7 said:
Blue Hefner said:
What is it with all these 'I knew we'd lose' - well if you 'knew' fuck off!!!

I've been to that shit hole when we've had journeymen plAying for us and they still gave a better account of themselves - that lot today were a disgrace!!!

Why fuck off? It wasn't hard to predict and so it came to pass,i'm not fucking happy about it

Why?? Because I'm sick of hearing the 'I told you so lot'

We got hammered of those cunts, and I don't care about the 'I told you so lot' - we are City, and I've seen us loose there when they were top and when we were shit - today, we were better in skill but a disgrace in effort/performance

Blue Hefner said:
karen7 said:
Blue Hefner said:

I've been to that shit hole when we've had journeymen plAying for us and they still gave a better account of themselves - that lot today were a disgrace!!!

Why fuck off? It wasn't hard to predict and so it came to pass,i'm not fucking happy about it

We got hammered of those cunts, and I don't care about the 'I told you so lot' - we are City, and I've seen us loose there when they were top and when we were shit - today, we were better in skill but a disgrace in effort/performance

I answered a direct question was anyone surprised,believe me i am not a told you so type

Blue Hefner said:
karen7 said:
Blue Hefner said:

It's hardly told you so. It was stating the fucking obvious

Stoned Rose said:

To me today felt like an end of an era. That same sort of inevitable, lethargic feeling you get when a relationship is coming to an end. When the 'spark' has gone and there is no desire to even try one more time to get the old heart racing even for old time's sake.

It felt like a significant number of the players had 'given up' and already know they're going. It felt like we were genuinely simply going through the motions. To many of them simply have no fucks left to give.

Given this same group of men were Champions and Double Winners last season and played some breathtakingly wonderful football throughout the season that is a tragic state of affairs.

I spotted the seeds of this in the 2 CSKA games and those pathetic early domestic cup defeats. It was clear.

To many 'been there, done it, got nothing to prove' performances and to many players with their heads elsewhere made worse by a manager who is 'to nice' and doesn't shake them out of it.

We were shit today and Utd deserved the win. They were miles better than us because they wanted it more.

The end of an era.

What's to come is unknown but knowing this wonderful club it'll be one hell of a ride.

Good post, hopefully the board agree.

manimanc said:
We never win at home and we never win away..
We lost last week and we lost today..
We don't give a fuck coz we're all pissed up..
MCFC.... Ok.
Listen, today was their cup final, it used to be ours but now it's theirs, and they had to spend a shite load of cash yo catch up with us, they're only 4 pts in front of us, fuck me you'd think they won the league today..
When is he open top bus parade?
The rag softarses had a plane up for wee davy this time last year, this year the whole lot of them have come out the woodwork coz they're above us in the league.. How funny Is that?
It was coming today, they had to beat us one day, someday on here said 4-2 is a drubbing..... Nah nah nah nah 6-1 is a drubbing my friend.
Let them gloat, let them laugh, we've had our fun with them, we ain't going away for a long long time.
CTID
This plus FFP has attempted to blunt our progress but we will progress and there is nowt they can do about it
Just need to get top four and buy well and see what gives next season - hope the youth team win us a trophy too this next month!

SalfordCityBlue said:
davymcfc said:
Was anyone actually surprised by what happened today?

Yeah, I was. I really thought we'd put our issues aside for 90 minutes and just play, given the opposition.

I actually think there was plenty of effort there, it just reinforced for me that the problems are... let's say ideological... rather than motivational.

My personal view this summer is don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, the baby being the players. Someone like Ancelotti would have got a lot more out of this group than Manuel has managed to do.

So assuming Manuel is toast, some of the things I would like us to do:

1) Swap Dzeko and Nasri (reluctantly on Nasri) as part of the Pogba deal. Not sure this is realistic given who will be after him? Should be our top priority though. And like when we went for Yaya, Tevez, Silva or Aguero, just do what it takes to get it done.
2) Let Yaya go to Inter (with our thanks for some awesome memories, not into this ridiculous demonising of our legends).
3) Try and find a buyer for Navas, and buy a decent replacement. Reus. Sanchez. Someone world class.
4) I'd be tempted to keep Jovetic under a better manager. See how Sergio, Bony and Jovetic do as the main strikers, bring through one of the kids.
5) Work with the defence to make them solid again. Abandon this disastrous philopsophy, or at least temper it until we have the squad/manager to make it work. Bring Denayer and Rekik into the squad.
6) Sell Caballero and look for a young English goalkeeper as backup.
A good common sense post.

Stoned Rose said:

The end of an era.

Think for many fans, today was the crossing of the Rubicon, and victory would simply have papered over some appalingly large cracks that have long been evident. Save for Hart, Silva, Aguero, and perhaps Fernandinho, there should be question marks, of varying sizes, against every other player. It doesn't mean they have no future at the club, but too many of them are arguably spent forces.

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
I agree this season is probably worse, do you think sacking the manager will solve the problems?

I'm not sure there is anyone available that is much better

4 wins in 13 with this set of players?

I reckon a non league manager could have achieved that.

Yep most probably, but last season was a different story, good football and two trophies, he hasn't changed, the players attitude has. Maybe we do need to change it again cos it obviously ain't working. But maybe getting rid of some of the 'star' players might have solve more if the issues?
"Good football and two trophies, he hasn't changed"
The very root of the problem - he hasn't changed!
All day since the end of today's debacle , I've heard people saying that we won the league and the league cup , playing 442 last season , so why not win again this season playing the same way?
All season the answer to that has been obvious- we haven't changed- we are predictable in our set up, we are playing great players in the wrong positions in the wrong system,. Silva is one of the best no10s in the world , so play him out on the left, Yaya is neither a defensive nor box to box midfielder, so play him there!
And worse still , in the face of all the evidence to the contrary, just keep on doing the same thing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.