The Derby Post Match Thread

Mister Appointment said:
Just abject second half performance. To be honest from their first goal there was a discernible drop in the performances of too many of our players. Either they bottled it or couldn't be arsed. Either way unbelievably depressing.

No point in talking about United's offside goals because nobody will really give a fuck after a second half like the one we put in.

Smells like shit for Pellegrini. Has lost control of the situation in much the same way his predecessor did just for different reasons.

Expand please.

ninjamonkey said:
Hart, MDM, Fernandinho, Silva and Aguero are the only players based on this season's performances alone that are worth keeping. Yaya needs to be the first out this summer before he tarnishes the contribution he's made to our success forever. It's not just his laziness that works against us but when you've got a team mate who flat out refuses to do anything other than walk back when out of position and possession, you're bound to see some of it rub off on others, Why should somebody else come in from another position time after time because another team mate can't be arsed to do the leg work?

Completely agree with every word of this. Obviously they're all pros who are paid a lot of money to do a job and should be expected to do it, but when you see a guy who's supposed to be the icon of your team, the one wearing the sodding armband, jogging along, not being arsed to get into position or stick a foot in, and basically doing sod all to help anyone, it can't help but rub off on you. There are certain lazy players out there who are sort of "worth it" because they offer you so much in one way. Berbatov is a decent example at Monaco at the minute, he gets tons of stick for never running but he scores enough goals to compensate for it. Yaya did that last season but this year he's been, as someone else put it, a luxury we can't afford.

Not to concentrate too much on him though, the majority of the team has played like shit for far too long this season. I can't bring myself to even feel anything about this season anymore... I pray we get top 4 and still think we will, but I'm weirdly not as gutted at a loss to Utd as I would normally be. I suppose it's the lack of surprise. I'm excited about the summer though, I'm pretty sure the owners mean business and aren't going to let this stand. Personally I'd sack MP tonight, bring Vieira in and let him play some of the excellent kids we've got as they'd actually give it a bloody go. Alleged "world class talent" isn't working for us so let's try some grit and guts. The City that opens the next season better be a hell of a lot different to this one.

AlgarveBlu said:
Pellegrini interview will consist of ' I repeat we play well and I repeat we are brilliant. I repeat'

No one is listening to him anymore. Engineer ? Myth

I defended the performances against Burnley and Palace because although the results went against us, I felt that the players put in a shift.

But today, several players were ambling back when we were hit on the break. And one of the unwritten rules is that you play to the end, regardless. We still had a glimmer at 4-2 with them down to 10. Ok, a long - shot I admit, but you still give your best to the end. It's the least that's expected of a player playing for City. The fact that that didn't happen worries me for the next games.

Just get top four and rebuild

In an odd way I'm excited coz if the owners were not already planning an overhaul, then they will be after this!

Jack Wills said:
Blueband Brother said:
Bad day and it seems we cant catch a break. It looked promising at the start but the same problems crept up again and same old story.

We should consolidate that top four and we really need a hero behind the scenes. Someone with foresight, wisdom and bravery to pull us back on trackbecause we are desperately lacking direction in terms of on the pitch bottom line stuff.

Yes, what we need is someone to challenge Ffp, throw down the gauntlet and find a legal team to obliterate it.
What has FFP got to do with today. It takes time to create a winning mentality and it takes time to lose it.

The question you need to be asking is can MP reinstill our winning mentality, not to be blaming FFP. FFP wasn't playing today, a gutless, 11 from MCFC were with a tactically clueless manager in charge and that's where today's defeat lies......

n_mcfc said:
babyajay said:
Pellers and Txiki need to go ASAP.

Get Mancini back in. Shouldn't have gone in the first place. No coincidence players who had issues with him are the ones now who obviously don't give a shit.

Should have backed the manager not a select group of players.

Mancini's made our board look a right set of tits today.

He should never have gone, simple. After all he did for the club and where he took us to from where we were when he came in, the board not giving him at least another season after the success he brought was disgraceful.

Long term he was perfect for us.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
u2fme2 said:
For me its not just about today, we have been piss poor
Since November last year it not the whole bloody
Season, we bought poor at the beginning of the
Season and its not got any better since then, a lot of
people at the club need to take a good look at themselves

If we haven't the personnel to take a game to the opposition any more, particularly on the road, then we should be shutting up shop and making it difficult to beat us. It's something that doesn't appear in Pellers' repertoire. Remember the 0-0 v the Arse two or three seasons back that got the RagDipperMeedya into such a froth. We need a manager and team that can accommodate a variety of set-ups. How many times have we heard the comment 'No Plan B!' In the PL we needs Plans A to L!!
The games when Mancini was in charge .
He could get us a boring draw on the road .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.