The Derby Post Match Thread

babyajay said:
80s Shorts said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Should be on a private jet to Milan now with cap in hand to bring him back. Worse decision we ever did was get rid of him.

Farce.

There was a choice to made when Mancini evidently "lost" the dressing room. IMO the hierarchy made the wrong call.

The cull should have been in the dressing room.

Mancini saw right through the players who had no heart and bottle. Board back them and not the manager. Disgrace.

Get him back and bring some life and passion back into this team.

I would absolutely love it if that was to happen and the whole place would be lifted.

Sadly, it won't happen.

Rocket Sauce said:
Let's all be honest, is anyone REALLY surprised by the result? I mean, I'm not even angry. Once they scored their first goal, I knew what the result would be. Our current crop of players just don't have any fight in them.

My biggest concern is securing 4th place. Right now, I'm not even confident we can do that.

I agree with every word of this.

Never nice to lose a derby but feeling chilled about it simply because now there can be no more excuses, no more trying to paper over the cracks, no more blaming bad luck or injuries. Need a change in direction of both manager and the style of play, and bring players in who can implement it. More intensive, pressing, energetic play. This has been coming.

themanc said:
maybe fans will now understand why mancini played barry and de Jong behind toure.

I always understood it and to this day I do not understand why we let them both go. Should have paid De Jong more money to stay, never ever replaced him despite spending dozens of millions now, I know I sound like a broken record but I just do not get it.

Too many players out there today played like they knew they were off at the end of the season. This is what worries me most going into our last 6 games.

Liverpool win tomorrow they go within 4 points of us.

Sack Pellegrini. Sell Toure, Navas, Nasri and Dzeko. Build from academy or screw FFP and buy Ronaldo, Messi or Suarez. We will be force again.

argyle said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
salfordsingingblue said:
the cart is leading the horse I miss Roberto mancini and all that he stood for

Should be on a private jet to Milan now with cap in hand to bring him back. Worse decision we ever did was get rid of him.
Farce.

Would have been better if we'd backed the manager rather than a bunch of shit house players who down tools if they don't get what they want.
Amen to all three of them comments

Our midfield has been at the root of all our problems this season.
Far too lightweight, not enough endeavour, failed to protect the back 4 all together.
Yaya has been instrumental in this collapse and his performance today comes as no surprise.
He has wanted to leave ever since Mancini was sacked.
He refuses to use the medical team at City and brings his own Physio in from Milan every week for treatment.
Should have got rid in summer when his stock was high....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.