The Derby Post Match Thread

Pellegrini was rightfully pragmatic without our two best players. Defensively we were class apart from some lapses by Kolarov. I'd rather be commenting on a boring game where we didn't get beat by our nearest rivals rather than a defeat because we went for it and got caught out. If Aguero and/or Silva were playing I would have had a different opinion.
Right? Been my criticism of Pellegrini that he's fantastic at setting up an attacking team but doesn't know when to play it sensible. Today he did that.

We get treated to fantastic football week in week out under Pellegrini, I for one am happy to watch the odd match like that - certainly a better point for us than for United.

Far too easy to defend against. Bony was no threat whatsoever and de bruyne was poor and bullied out of the game. Only silva and aguero can be relied on to make things happen
Bony was no threat because he had little or no support. We played Toure in an advanced role because in recent games, for example Sevilla, he was miles off the pace.

Defensively we were very strong but going forward we were ineffective so not the perfect performance but still more than I expected and I'm glad Pellegrini was a bit more conservative than usual. We did the best with what we had.

Infuriating doesn't even begin to describe out attacking play. It was diabolical. Thankfully we kept it tight at the back as we never looked like scoring.

With Silva and Aguero both missing, I said before the game I'd take a draw. I just didn't expect us to be so laboured in possession.

Anyway, onwards and upwards....oh, and come on Southampton :)

I think that was an excellent point. This was a game that it was more important not to lose than to win and Pellegrini set his team up the right way given all the circumstances. If we had all of Silva, Kun and Nasri fit and firing, a different approach might have been in order.

Too many below par performances today. Yes a point is good but we never really looked like scoring . Got a feeling arsenal will win it this year. They looked on another planet against the rags . Today we couldn't string 2 passes together. Bony is no better than dzeko. Sterling had a shocker. Yaya is showing his age . I think the game got to de Bruyne. Looked nervous. We need a new striker. Onward and upward.

It was a good defensive drill for our defense, as per attack everyone was awful, debruyne in particular was very of color but its a good point considering the health of our squad, third game for same set of players in our attack within 8 days showed its effect today, kelachi needs to be shown faith, lad form a good partnership with sterling in preseason and has more hunger than bony
I'd have brought De Bruyne inside and played Navas wide right as I thought we could have got at them on the counter.

nd80mz1.gif
We didn't go out and get all 3 points must have been told to let them look good..Nailed on pen for the Rooney push in the back on Otamendi, but wasn't expecting anything of Clattenburg today...A+E on fern said it all..

I'll take a point off the cheating twats at theirs anyway..
Good reaction save from Joe!! Well done..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.