The Derby Post Match Thread

Opinions, of course, but I don't think we did deserve it. Let's be honest, they were marginally better first half, and completely outplayed us in the second. Fair enough, they failed to create anything, but that had as much to do with their own shortcomings. That's not to downplay how good Kompany and Otamedi were, but I don't think it was the great, disciplined defensive performance from the team as a whole that many are writing it up as. There was still a hell of a lot of space in front of our back four at times, and better teams would have made us pay. As it was, we were lucky with the chance that hit the bar.

I certainly agree that we were awful on the ball, though. In fact, awful doesn't come close - I can barely remember such an utterly clueless performance.

We kept a clean sheet so I'd suggest that we did deserve our point.

Too many below par performances today. Yes a point is good but we never really looked like scoring . Got a feeling arsenal will win it this year. They looked on another planet against the rags . Today we couldn't string 2 passes together. Bony is no better than dzeko. Sterling had a shocker. Yaya is showing his age . I think the game got to de Bruyne. Looked nervous. We need a new striker. Onward and upward.
I'd like to have seen Arsenal away at Old Trafford without Sanchez

No matter where Toure plays it seems like he will always play more advanced then his actual role. So if he's central midfield he plays like he's in the 10 role. Today when he was supposed to be in the 10 role he played like he was a striker.

He actually does haha! It's a tough one with Yaya, defensively a liability, can be world class attacking/controlling a game but where's the balance with him?

Hart - solid
Sagna - did ok
Kompany - solid bar the 1 stupid tackle
Otamendi - bossing shit like a boss
Kolarov - liability defensively
Fernaando - solid
Fernandinho - another very good display
KDB - really poor
Yaya - did ok but should have scored
Sterling - spent more time on the deck than anything.
Bony was great 1st half, shite 2nd

Would have taken a draw beforehand with our injuries. Draw away and win at home vs your nearest rivals is alright by me.

How Rojo didn't get atleast 1 yellow for stopping counter attacks is beyond me ...and that's not even taking into account the straight red for stamping on Navas' face (2nd straight red he's got away with in derbies)
Rooney on Otamendi looked a pen to me as well

I really don't like Toure playing so far forward. He's much better deeper where he can get on the ball and dictate the game more. As it was we didn't have someone in the middle to get us going forward and so all the rags had to do was crowd DDB/Sterling out in the wide positions and we were reduced to aimless balls forward.

All in all a decent point in the circumstances.

A fine defensive performance and showed tactical nous from Pellegrini. Top with our two best players to come back. Happy with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.