The Derby Post Match Thread

Opinions, of course, but I don't think we did deserve it. Let's be honest, they were marginally better first half, and completely outplayed us in the second. Fair enough, they failed to create anything, but that had as much to do with their own shortcomings. That's not to downplay how good Kompany and Otamedi were, but I don't think it was the great, disciplined defensive performance from the team as a whole that many are writing it up as. There was still a hell of a lot of space in front of our back four at times, and better teams would have made us pay. As it was, we were lucky with the chance that hit the bar.

I certainly agree that we were awful on the ball, though. In fact, awful doesn't come close - I can barely remember such an utterly clueless performance.

Infuriating doesn't even begin to describe out attacking play. It was diabolical. Thankfully we kept it tight at the back as we never looked like scoring.

With Silva and Aguero both missing, I said before the game I'd take a draw. I just didn't expect us to be so laboured in possession.

Anyway, onwards and upwards....oh, and come on Southampton :)

Well well well.

No '2 man midfield with Toure part of it' and that was our best defensive performance in as long as I can remember.

The Scum had fuck all in terms of proper clear cut chances. We were as solid as I've seen for ages.

Given our main guys being unavailable and our 3rd game in 8 days, away at 'title challengers' Utd, I'm very impressed and pleased with the result.

Pellers showed real tactical and formation know-how today. He looks like he might finally be learning.

And lets have it right, had Merlin and Kun been out there we'd have won today.

Bony was no threat because he had little or no support. We played Toure in an advanced role because in recent games, for example Sevilla, he was miles off the pace.

Defensively we were very strong but going forward we were ineffective so not the perfect performance but still more than I expected and I'm glad Pellegrini was a bit more conservative than usual. We did the best with what we had.

Are we still using the "bony had no support" excuse?

Hart - solid
Sagna - did ok
Kompany - solid bar the 1 stupid tackle
Otamendi - bossing shit like a boss
Kolarov - liability defensively
Fernaando - solid
Fernandinho - another very good display
KDB - really poor
Yaya - did ok but should have scored
Sterling - spent more time on the deck than anything.
Bony was great 1st half, shite 2nd

Would have taken a draw beforehand with our injuries. Draw away and win at home vs your nearest rivals is alright by me.

How Rojo didn't get atleast 1 yellow for stopping counter attacks is beyond me ...and that's not even taking into account the straight red for stamping on Navas' face (2nd straight red he's got away with in derbies)
Rooney on Otamendi looked a pen to me as well
He never made any contact with Navas?

Yeesh glad to get a point after a pretty miserable display, we were awful in possession and KDB has to take a fair amount of blame for that. I just wish he could play for some ball retention occasionally like Silva, just corral a pass a hold the ball and look for a moment, I know it is not his game, but the constant attempts for the immediate killer ball and none coming off (minus the cross to Yaya in the box) drove me insane! Want to see his Opta stats because it felt like his pass completion was about 25%. Kelechi should have been given at least 20-30 minutes, Bony was passable in the first half, dire after. Joe was immense at the end, and Otamendi stellar, despite my fear of a red card on a rash challenge from him, but he was superb throughout. Glad to have Vincent back, but let's restoke the attack at midweek!

Because I don`t agree with your comments how do you work that one out sunshine.Glad you`re happy with a shit point against a very mediocre team.Two points dropped for me and look at how many other Blues on here agree with me.
Still you carry on being happy.

Take your blue specs Off. They're not a mediocre team. But they're not nearly as good as us. All in all our weakened team against their v expensive strongest team at their place = a good point

Always won't the win but with our injuries at this time, I'm happy, with another point gained.
Back to top of the Premier League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.