The Derby Post Match Thread

Thing is with United today they done all the ugly side of the game really well, exceptionaly well to be honest. They doubled up on Big Kev, closed down space really quickly and were "dogged". They played anti football which mate if very hard for us. The game as a whole had a strange flow to it. We could still be playing now and if would be nil, nil.

United are very solid in midfield and defence. They do defend as a team and will sneak a lot of matches with that set up but its turgid to watch. Their fans whilst happy they ain't 7th and getting hammered by us, must be bored shitless watching that, it's like Arsenal under George Graham. Martial is their only ray of light in a very dark room.

I truly am shocked that people actually think that was a "good point" today.For me it was two points dropped as its so clear that we have the stronger squad but we had players who turned in some terrible performances today.The defence were superb,as was both Ferno and Nandi,but we can`t carry on with 4-5 players being so below par.
They were there for the taking and I am sick of the piss poor excuses that we didn`t win because we had two of our best players missing.We had enough quality to turn in a better performance against a truly bog standard team.
Obviously my expectation are higher than some Blues on here.
A point away against a poor team is not in my opinion a "good point" but two dropped.
But carry on all you happy clappers.

What did we learn from that? That Pellegrini is increrdibly conservative when he doesn't need to be (Nacho on for Bony about twenty to twenty five minutes to the end - it was staring everyone in the face) and madly risk taking when he shouldn't be (no Kompany on Wednesday). We also learnt that we're not as good a team when our two world class players are out - surprise. We also learnt that the rags are not our rivals for the title. In other words, everything that we already knew.
Dire game — already forgotten. I'll take that point and ask no further questions. Now I'll just sit back with a drink, and look contemplatively at that table…

I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread. All week people have been moaning like f**k that we don't respect opponents, are too open blah de f**king blah, and when the manager does exactly what people wanted, we suddenly don't attack enough.

I know, its laughable isn't it?

We must have the whingingest fans in football.

United are very solid in midfield and defence. They do defend as a team and will sneak a lot of matches with that set up but its turgid to watch. Their fans whilst happy they ain't 7th and getting hammered by us, must be bored shitless watching that, it's like Arsenal under George Graham. Martial is their only ray of light in a very dark room.

Was frustrating that when Kev did get the ball about 3 red shirts were all over him. Rojo had a good game as well against him. They contained allot of our threats well. On the plus side Otamendi was cool as a cucumber handled everything and was excellent all game.

Happy with a point TBH Fernandhino and Otamendi best players on the pitch.

They were the team who needed the win but could play on till tomorrow and they wouldn't score.

Different game if Silva was playing and even more so if Aguero and Silva.

As for the Rags don't see the point in playing the new Thierry Henry on the wing.

Obviously hoped for the win but happy with the draw and going back to 1st.
Yeah it was kinda boring towards the end. De Bruyne wasn't his usual brilliant self.
But in the first half I thought we played great. Bony held it up and utilised his quick feet. Yaya and Kevin made some beautiful first-time passes.
Kompany was one of our best, Otamendi seemed involved in everything and deserves motm, Hart with two good saves.
A point from the away derby without our two best attacking players is good enough for me.
Anyone who thinks they're better than us, just look at the league table.
We're doing well without David and Sergio and when they're back it's party time.

I truly am shocked that people actually think that was a "good point" today.For me it was two points dropped as its so clear that we have the stronger squad but we had players who turned in some terrible performances today.The defence were superb,as was both Ferno and Nandi,but we can`t carry on with 4-5 players being so below par.
They were there for the taking and I am sick of the piss poor excuses that we didn`t win because we had two of our best players missing.We had enough quality to turn in a better performance against a truly bog standard team.
Obviously my expectation are higher than some Blues on here.
A point away against a poor team is not in my opinion a "good point" but two dropped.
But carry on all you happy clappers.

We do have the stronger squad but today, half of it was injured. Why don't you understand that circumstances sometimes require us to play safe

Take your blue specs Off. They're not a mediocre team. But they're not nearly as good as us. All in all our weakened team against their v expensive strongest team at their place = a good point
Really !! You class them as a good side.Thats not with Blue Tinted specs on.Have a look at the United thread time and time again.Virtually every page is awash with negatives about how poor they are and now we get a point and all of a sudden the fucking happy clappers are delighted.
They were there for the taking but too many players were well below par today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.