The Derby Post Match Thread

Very happy considering we only drew. Beforehand I would have accepted a draw with Silva and Aguero out. What pleased me was how solid we looked and how well Otamendi played. Komps, Otamendi, Fernanado and Fernandinho were outstanding and kept it compact. I feared the worst for Vincent and Fernandinho once booked but both were composed in the 2nd half.

You cant win every game and with our injuries we are doing ok without our main talismen. Psychologically we are in a good place still top of the league. Important to follow this up with wins against Norwich and Villa

I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread. All week people have been moaning like f**k that we don't respect opponents, are too open blah de f**king blah, and when the manager does exactly what people wanted, we suddenly don't attack enough.
By far and away, the most important thing today was not to lose and let them get above us. If we could get all three points then well and good but we had to get a point. Very pragmatic from a manager that I didn't think did pragmatic.

I'll take that point all day long. If the vermin wanted to win the league they had to have three today. Arsenal look far more impressive to me this year.

Class effort by Evil Otto. Fernando good too. If he keeps playing well and Delph can stay healthy then we can afford to use Yaya much more in spots and keep him rested.

Delph and the two Ferns in tough away fixtures from here on out? Yaya as an impact sub in matches like that? Deffo no Yaya in the 10 role. Normally don't like to make judgments on a sample size of two matches but you almost can do that for "Yaya as a 10" I think.

a tough fixture out of the way and in the process restricted a title contender to one point from a home game,this with an injury riddled squad, back to the top,well done city

By far and away, the most important thing today was not to lose and let them get above us. If we could get all three points then well and good but we had to get a point. Very pragmatic from a manager that I didn't think did pragmatic.

Alleluia! I remember the days when a point at The Swamp would have been the highlight of the season. A point's a point! Takes us back to the top! Back in our hands again!!

For those criticising De Bruyne, it was clear to me that United's plan was to get three players straight on to him whenever he had the ball. In spite of that, he still managed 2 or 3 good crosses that we didn't capitalise on. Had Silva also been playing they couldn't have concentrated so much on nullifying De Bruyne.

Really !! You class them as a good side.Thats not with Blue Tinted specs on.Have a look at the United thread time and time again.Virtually every page is awash with negatives about how poor they are and now we get a point and all of a sudden the fucking happy clappers are delighted.
They were there for the taking but too many players were well below par today.

They are difficult to break down on the whole. They are not as bad as some on here make them out to be. Boring yes but organised and hard to score against.

A nil nil draw at the swamp at this stage of the season is not the end of the world for me. We didn't play great but usually when we don't play great, we lose.

Well were still top and i for one willtake that
Thought otamendi. Was outstanding and unlucky at the death
Let the press scream and create that their rag darlings didnt win, so what?
We will beat Norwich and today will be seen as a good point
We cant win every week
Blimey 10 years ago or so we held out at the swamp0-0 whilst constantly fighting relegation ffs some of u get real

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.