The Derby Post Match Thread

We didn't seem to come out after half time. Great games from both Otamendi and Fernandinho. Overall very frustrating; after half time we seemed to struggle to string two passes together/find a Blue shirt. The rags did a real job on KDB closing him down giving him little time on the ball; he's probably going to need to get used to that. I was surprised that Navas didn't have a greater impact when he came on. Like KDB, they seemed to close him down very quickly and stop him getting a run at Rojo. I said before the game that I'd take a draw so reasonably happy.

Well well well.

No '2 man midfield with Toure part of it' and that was our best defensive performance in as long as I can remember.

The Scum had fuck all in terms of proper clear cut chances. We were as solid as I've seen for ages.

Given our main guys being unavailable and our 3rd game in 8 days, away at 'title challengers' Utd, I'm very impressed and pleased with the result.

Pellers showed real tactical and formation know-how today. He looks like he might finally be learning.

And lets have it right, had Merlin and Kun been out there we'd have won today.

Seriously, you think that was about Pellegrini learning something? Please tell me you are being sarcastic.

A lot of people want to dismiss them as shit but we have to accept that whilst we have the better team and squad they are still a strong team at home and are difficult to beat there. A point is an acceptable result, even moreso when you consider the injuries we've currently got. Thought Pellegrini actually got it right taking Yaya off and bringing on MDM. He was doing nothing all game, united had him under control it made sense to bring him off and strengthen the midfield. A point keeps us in the driving seat and we've always got the home game to smash them in. Going for it at the end and losing would not only of given them the points to go above us but also would of been a huge psychological boost for them. They've talked about only being able to consider themselves title contenders if they beat us. Well they've just played their best team against us for 90 minutes at home and managed about 3 shots.

Why would I want to look at their forum? I don't agree with you - we have 5 main players out, we are playing a side in the top 4 at their place - who have an expensive full squad available; it's a derby & we keep a clean sheet & come away with a point. Ahhhh well. I guess your only happy if we score a bag full. Tactics are sometimes important.
I`m talking about our forum you clown !!!

By far and away, the most important thing today was not to lose and let them get above us. If we could get all three points then well and good but we had to get a point. Very pragmatic from a manager that I didn't think did pragmatic.
Yes, can't remember MP so obviously playing for a draw before. Should do the same at Sevilla, but with better quality breaks. I thought Toure was in! Very annoying but an excellent point in the circumstances.

Good to see Otamendi looking the real deal, and both the Ferns played well.

Kev had a day to forget and unfortunately the Yaya conundrum goes on - can't play in a two but pushed forward he's a waste of a shirt now, we needed him on the ball.

Same problem the rags have with Shrek The manager hasn't got the bottle to drop Yaya
LVG hasn't got the bottle to drop Shrek

Not seen it as I'm in work.

I am delighted with a draw. Pellegrini's issue last season was struggling against the other top 4 sides. Chelsea 3-0 and United away 0-0. If we can draw away against our rivals and smash them at the Etihad we will win the league.

Also nice to hear we can still be a juggernaut in defence and good to hear Nico Otamendi smashed it.

Cannot believe probably the shittiest side in the league, albeit costing 400 million quid, we play defensively, attack and it would have been a mauling !!!
400 million, LOL !!

Bollocks.

Sometimes people need to fucking wake up & see what's actually happening in front of them. The players were all showing signs of fatigue v Seville & the defence was terrible. This was a great big fucking banana skin & we avoided slipping on it.

Today was the kind of game which wins titles, as opposed to Spurs, where we played wide open & got fucking slaughtered.
Sometimes you have to dig in & we did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.