The Derby Post Match Thread

Not a good game for a neutral but we had going into the game Injuries to probably our best 2 players, Oto had a blinder and looks a proper centre half, Raheem looked poor, Bony didn't do particularly well but was isolated and when he did win the ball he had nobody to feed.

Top of the table, job done.

It was not an awful game to watch in fact it was quite fascinating to see the tactics played out, you are right it was United that are the losers here rather than us

I agree.

In fact, that was almost a flawless defensive performance from us but that is offset against us offering virtually nothing going forward. When we have them tough CL games we will need to put in defensive displays like this but add a bit more of a threat.

I'd say that Bony and Toure offered very little and I wonder whether we could have kept that defensive performance if we would have swapped them two for Dave and Kun.

Headline in MEN......'Utd fans call for LVG to drop Rooney after poor Derby performance'"............Rooney is Massive problem for Utd unless he starts scoring goals soon....LVG has given him special status...but..absolute joke this season. Great to watch this unfold.
They are not happy over on Red Cafe

The overriding consensus amongst the more sensible ones was it was huge wasted opportunity against a weakened City side, they realise if they can't beat us at the swamp when we are missing two of our best players they are never going to overtake us in the league

Manuel Pellegrini admitted the derby stalemate at Old Trafford went against all his footballing instincts – but declared himself satisfied with an away point.

City were forced into a rare rearguard action against United in the second half, with man-of-the-match Nicolas Otamendi and skipper Vincent Kompany flawless in central defence, as they returned to the top of the Premier League table.

Chilean Pellegrini prides himself not only on the results, but the style of his side’s performance so there were mixed emotions from the boss after the game.

He said: “The first half we played better, the same level as United. In the second half we started to lose so many balls, we lost possession of the ball. In that case it’s important to concentrate on defending and not to allow them to create chances, and in that sense we did it well.

“We worked well, United had possession but they didn’t have too many chances. They broke through, they also hit the bar and had a chance at the near post when Joe saved but other than that it was just possession.

vinny%20action.ashx

“I am satisfied with a point but I don’t like to play in this way. That’s way I say it’s easy to play that way. It’s important to have a point here, another point in the table, but I don’t think it’s the way the team must play.”

Asked what he didn’t like, Pellegrini said: “Not to have good possession in the second half as we did in the first. But I repeat it’s a difficult team and we’re playing away. If you can’t win it then don’t lose it by not concentrating.

“It’s not a bad day. It’s always difficult to play here at United’s stadium, it’s difficult for every team. If we drew at home maybe I wouldn’t be happy, but in this moment it’s a good point, we concentrated well and defended well. Maybe a lot of media criticise that but we can do it also.

“If we want to defend we can defend. We don’t like to, we like to be an attacking team.”

Headline in MEN......'Utd fans call for LVG to drop Rooney after poor Derby performance'"............Rooney is Massive problem for Utd unless he starts scoring goals soon....LVG has given him special status...but..absolute joke this season. Great to watch this unfold.
Rooney is our yaya

Under the circumstances it was a great point. Pellegrini gets rightly criticised when we go all out attack and get beaten particularly in europe.If we played as open as the last 2 games we would have lost.When we get to knockout stages of champions league i would be well chuffed if we set up with the 2 ferns in midfield , especially the away leg

You've seriously started a post by having a pop at one of ours price tag? True blue? Like fuck you are.
For what it's worth I'm happy with the way we set up and played against a side that's been so obviously drilled not to lose at any cost. I dare say we could've pushed them even harder if we'd a little more cohesion when going forward, but hayho, a point's better than fuck all.
Oh and Fernandinho was immense again today. Hard pressed to see a more consistent performer than him right now.

My price tag comment is a fair one and we shouldnt hide away from it. We paid for a top 4 striker to back up Aguero, he wasn't a non-league signing that we just chanced our luck with....rightly or wrongly, with his price tag came expectations from us City fans and he hasn't reached them. When Aguero is out we need a lot more from him and I would guess that Bony himself would agree with that...I agree with your point about Fernandinho, he's having his best start to a season and is one of our most consistent players.....he never stops working!

The two Ferns with a younger Yaya we'd be so solid. We just need to replace Yaya with a world class box to box player and I think our teams complete.

sorry but i am very disappointed with the performance for me the worst in years they were there to be beaten, yes i have to be honest i would of taken a point before the game, it was the performance that disappoints me the most, lets move on to the next game and get back to OUR game, would that game of worried any watching managers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.