The Derby Post Match Thread

A good day for City

It's clear now the title is there for the taking

Man Utd are average despite all the spending , pedestrian and a team that City should not finish below this season under any circumstances

Chelsea are already out of it.

Arsenal?......our only real challengers....usually fade away on the second half of season....but if they exit CL who knows..

Not a vintage day for City on the pitch......but in reality with Aguero and Silva to return and Kompany and Otamendi looking tight this should be the start of another title run.

When we have an off day, we almost always lose so a point is ok today.

We also have to remember we were playing against 12 men. LVG noticed it, and tried to deflect attention away by ludicrously claiming they should have had a penalty.

Whats with the money reference ? Bony didnt live up to his £25m fee today , so did KDB live up to his £52m fee ? Or yaya his £30m fee and his £300k a week wages , were does it stop ? Bony had a very good 1st half and brought players into the game , he was totally isolated in the 2nd half , because we settled for a point. Are real madrid more than 2 players ? take ladyboy and bale from them are they as good ? Take messi and iniesta from Barca are they as good ? No they are not , and we are not as good without merlin and Kun because those type of players are irreplaceable , but like you i was expecting a win today, a draw against a full strength £350m rag team is OK , and were still top of the league.

I agree mate...I only use the "25mil" reference because I don't feel he's given us a good return on that money since arriving and we should expect more from him. The others have bad days but we have also seen what they bring to the team...KDB had a bad day but has shown what he can do, Yaya has shown what he can do...With Bony we keep using the excuse of game time, fitness etc.....I think most fans felt that these next 3-4 weeks while Aguero is out was "his" time...and feel we still waiting for him to show what he can do....its fair to question, if that was money well spent and if he was the right man for our system.....I think we are a team of players that are good on the ball and can bring other players into a play...Bony needs to give us something different and he hasn't done so far...I agree tho.....difficult to be too negative....We sat on top of the league!;)

Not long back and can't be arsed reading the previous pages.
First half we were crap: loads of misplaced passes, unforced errors and generally dozing off.
Second half we somehow managed to be worse.
Positives: A clean sheet - we've not had one for a while. And we got a draw without Sergio and Dave, and with Vince only just back, against their strongest team. Actually that isn't their strongest team, but Loopy Louise hasn't the balls to drop the wage thief. £300k a week for the next four years - lovely.
They are poor though. Lots of hard work, like you'd expect from a lower division team, but the only good bit of play was that their midfield think the ball can be passed forward without first going sideways and backwards fifteen times. And nice to see bog-brush fouling at every opportunity; some things never change.
A shot on target might be a nice change during the next match.
Time for a bath in Domestos to get rid of the germs.

I agree mate...I only use the "25mil" reference because I don't feel he's given us a good return on that money since arriving and we should expect more from him. The others have bad days but we have also seen what they bring to the team...KDB had a bad day but has shown what he can do, Yaya has shown what he can do...With Bony we keep using the excuse of game time, fitness etc.....I think most fans felt that these next 3-4 weeks while Aguero is out was "his" time...and feel we still waiting for him to show what he can do....its fair to question, if that was money well spent and if he was the right man for our system.....I think we are a team of players that are good on the ball and can bring other players into a play...Bony needs to give us something different and he hasn't done so far...I agree tho.....difficult to be too negative....We sat on top of the league!;)

Quite correct Bony hasnt played anywhere near his Swansea form , the next half dozen games will confirm if he can fit into our team , but If we are top of the league in May and Bony hasnt scored another goal , i will take it :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.