The Derby Post Match Thread

Bony seems to be getting a lot of criticism here. Thought he was pretty decent 1st half. Held the ball up well and showed some excellent touches. He got into some good positions but the way we were set up today I think it was pretty difficult for him to shine for 90 mins...

What I like most about today's game was the fact that Pellers knew we weren't playing well so he switched it to a Mancini like defence first set up. Showed he's not as tactically stupid as some on here think! Very well played from the gaffer there.

I thought it was a fascinating game. They were at full tilt and weren't good enough to beat us with 2 stars out. We were not great but not as bad as some on here would have you believe. I called otemendi motm in the match day thread with 20 mins to go. I also thought that yaya had a very good technical performance. We all know yaya isn't a grafter and that's why bringing in Fernando allowed him to go further and show why he is one of the best passers of the ball in the league. His range and weight of passing is unbelievable. We're top of the league and we're coming out of our bad spell. God help the rest of the league once we resume normal service

The onus was on u shited and they f£@&ed up...we were comfortable onwards and upwards well done pellers

This all day. Good point away from home, with our 2 best players out. Needed not to lose and we didn't. Furthermore we end the weekend top. Great stuff, fuck the performance that will come back when everyone is fit and normal service is resumed.

Bony seems to be getting a lot of criticism here. Thought he was pretty decent 1st half. Held the ball up well and showed some excellent touches. He got into some good positions but the way we were set up today I think it was pretty difficult for him to shine for 90 mins...
He was decent enough in the first half but in the second half the ball seemed to be bouncing off him, nothing going right at all. I was surprised he wan't subbed earlier tbh.

Get on the catch up an watch the 6-1 didn't expect to find that but fook me its cheered me up. Top point!!!

Not disappointed 1 bit, I said I would of took the draw before the game had started with the circumstances. The rags set up well to stop De Bruyne and Sterling. I would be happy to get a point away from any top 4 side but to do it with our 2 best players missing..... The rags should be the disappointed ones not us..... plus Chelsea f***** up again.

Well played today Nicolas.

Why the negativity? We went into a top of the table clash away from home without two of THE best players in the league, no the world, as well as missing Delph, Nasri, Clichy ans even Zabba who is nowhere near fully match fit. They were full strength aside from Young and were not anywhere near good enough to beat us.
There are moans of tactically nativity when Pellers goes gung ho so today he sets up sensibly and still there are complaints.
I personally sit here comfortable in the knowledge we are superior by a mile.

Not disappointed 1 bit, I said I would of took the draw before the game had started with the circumstances. The rags set up well to stop De Bruyne and Sterling. I would be happy to get a point away from any top 4 side but to do it with our 2 best players missing..... The rags should be the disappointed ones not us..... plus Chelsea f***** up again.

Well played today Nicolas.

That's true they did a very good job on our lads today.

However, there is not a chance they would have been able to put that much pressure on KDB if Silva or Kun never mind if both were playing. In a way, it's a compliment to Van Gaal that he tactically stopped them from playing but also a sign that with our key players, we are still much much better than them.

We lost 4-2 last year with Dave & Kun. Sometimes you have to defend away from home and get a point - especially with a weakened squad
Absolutely correct. As I've said already Aguero and Silva present or not surely our performance levels shouldn't fall so sharply without them. We got the point which was worse that all three but better than none, so all things considered I'm content with the result.

As for the performance, that's another matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.