The difference between a City fan and a United fan?

One main difference is they hate each other at Trafford, i have found that most reds don't get on they just pretend and gather together for their usual I'm better than you because I support a winning side, that is the only thing they have got in their miserable lives, where as city fans win or lose will go on the piss with each other and have the crack, one of their biggest gripes they have with city fans is the fact that going to away trips with city is something they can't get their heads around, I've been told by reds that they wish they had the crack like city do. Deep inside they are really jealous and it eats away at them. They have a superiority and a bullying complex we have a sense of humour.

mancunial said:
One main difference is they hate each other at Trafford, i have found that most reds don't get on they just pretend and gather They have a superiority and a bullying complex we have a sense of humour.
FFS please, if you´re really a Manc you know that´s not true. I don´t mind banter and being the enemy I expect abuse but common

paulchapo said:
I have supported City for over 40 years.When i started the two clubs were probably neck and neck,although we were the newly promoted upstarts where as they had been at the top for years.Both teams had great players.United Charlton,Best,Law,us Bell,Lee and Summerbee.In spite of this City were still regarded as the underdogs and looked down on by the rags and the media[which wasn't as influentual then pre sky and internet days.]

I just liked everything City stood for,from the genial smiling Joe Mercer to the exciting brash Malcolm Allison.I read an interview when he said we would be better than them and he wanted to put the pride back in the club and get more kids wearing blue and white scarves with a smile on their faces.I was sold and City it definately was for me from there on in.

I have never once regretted that decision.Even when they were winning trophy after trophy and we were playing at Macclesfield and Walsall i loved almost every minute.Our fans had humour,humility and most of all loyalty even when getting stick and the piss taken from every concievable angle we stood firm and proud.Other fans admired us and our loyalty shook the red side because they knew we had something no amount of money and trophies could buy.

Many times i was asked,''How CAN you support that shower of shit???'' I would just smile and reply,''You would never understand,that's why you support United.''

Let no bastard tell you this club has no soul or history.We have proved it over barren cold windswept years on falling down terraces far and wide.Every success we may have in the future has been earned,not bought,by the unshakeable love,loyalty,humility and humour of our magnificent fans of who i am proud to say i am one.That my friend is the difference.

I wish I'd written that mate....echos my sentiments exactly..very, very good post!

utd everything to lose, city everything to gain.
that is why for the first time in 20 years utd fans are genuinely worried.

RAG: (thick as pigshit, not knowing that our owner's investment is through equity not loans) "Ah, but what will you do when the Arabs get bored and pull out?"

ME: "Keep going to watch City every match."

You would think that having proved we watched with full houses in Division 1 they would know by now, but they can't get their heads round supporting a club that's not going to win something. Very, very soon they are going to have to learn or start watching us (God forbid!)

There is a bond between City fans. Wherever you happen to be in the world and you meet a fellow City fan, there is an instant friendship.

I can't speak too much about that lot, but just to say every thick as pigshit moron you have ever met supports Yoo-nye-tid.

We have brains; they have trouble tying their shoelaces. Fact.

A clue to the difference was on teletext today when Camel Gob was slagging off the fact that City fans have come out of the woodwork now we're winning, next story was Wooney breaking some kids arm with a fluke shot that missed, he was from shropshire obviously picked United because of a love of the underdog.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.