The Difference between us and a title winning side?

Bluebee2 said:
If you are on about their goal tonight it's not the CB's job to pick up the loose ball that should be a midfielder. Did you see Terry's defending at Wigan, and they got beat 3-1 .

I'm not meaning to be critical. I'm being positive - I don't think we are that far away.

I think to really have a side that can win it we might only be a player, maybe 2 away!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftfaHXKJR8c[/youtube]

Neither Micah nor Zab would be first choice at a title winning team. I want to keep micah as he will be a better centre half and Toure should be teaching him that position imo. Keep Zab as well as he is a capable understudy. But a world class rb is required.

Also, i think the defence needs time at gel as we are prone to giving the opposition chances. We didn't kill the game tonight. A better team could have got back into it. We should off killed Wolves off and nearly ended paying the price and even at 4-2 v arsenal they had enough chances to win the game.

And whilst we look dangerous at set pieces for a change will also look vulnerable at them. I'm thinking maybe Given might not be the best organiser of a defence for all his talents.

We are a very young team and without any changes we have a swuad that one season might be able to win the league but we need more experience of big clashes. We have played the "big 4" before obviously but these now are top of the bill where in the past they wouldnt have been.

mammutly said:
The only diffference between us and a Premiership title winning side is we haven't won one yet.

That's true in the sense that we need the deterimination, confidence and belief that comes with success.

But tonight and in other games this season I have seen that building.

Didsbury Dave said:
Bluebee2 said:
If you are on about their goal tonight it's not the CB's job to pick up the loose ball that should be a midfielder. Did you see Terry's defending at Wigan, and they got beat 3-1 .

I'm not meaning to be critical. I'm being positive - I don't think we are that far away.

I think to really have a side that can win it we might only be a player, maybe 2 away!
I agree Dave we are very close, but it won't be Terry that makes a difference. We have a fantastic team and a pretty decent squad now.

Bluebee2 said:
Bilboblue said:
is another 32 games..............

I have to say tho, yoonighted, Chelsea Liverpool and Arsenal would probably have hit 5 minimum against a very poor West Ham side tonight.
Liverpool beat them 3-2, and were lucky.

I watched that.

I said a poor West Ham side tonight

Could be a lot worse !!!

rms6sg.jpg

NIGHTMARES !!!!!!!!!

johnmc said:
Neither Micah nor Zab would be first choice at a title winning team. I want to keep micah as he will be a better centre half and Toure should be teaching him that position imo. Keep Zab as well as he is a capable understudy. But a world class rb is required.

Also, i think the defence needs time at gel as we are prone to giving the opposition chances. We didn't kill the game tonight. A better team could have got back into it. We should off killed Wolves off and nearly ended paying the price and even at 4-2 v arsenal they had enough chances to win the game.

And whilst we look dangerous at set pieces for a change will also look vulnerable at them. I'm thinking maybe Given might not be the best organiser of a defence for all his talents.

We are a very young team and without any changes we have a swuad that one season might be able to win the league but we need more experience of big clashes. We have played the "big 4" before obviously but these now are top of the bill where in the past they wouldnt have been.

That's a belting post and I agree with every single point, including the right back. To really get into the stratosphere a world class creative midfielder, I mean a Messi or a Kaka, wouldn't go amiss either.

But the lads we have in those positions are still good enough for top 4 and/or a trophy, if we can really get that confidence built.

It's going top be interesting when we do get a lull in results, as we surely win. I believe in these lads to dig us out of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.