The Difference between us and a title winning side?

I'm also glad someone else who believes Richards will end up a top class centre half again, too. And I have noticed the Given thing. He got a bit bullied tonight by Cole. Having said that he's the best shot stopper I've sen in many years.

we could,maybe even should of scored more.imo thats a great win,job done,next up villa.i will take 3-1 win there aswell.

Didsbury Dave said:
That's a belting post and I agree with every single point, including the right back. To really get into the stratosphere a world class creative midfielder, I mean a Messi or a Kaka, wouldn't go amiss either.

But the lads we have in those positions are still good enough for top 4 and/or a trophy, if we can really get that confidence built.

It's going top be interesting when we do get a lull in results, as we surely win. I believe in these lads to dig us out of it.

I don't think Messi or Kaka would go amiss at any team in the world. But Chelsea have won the league without that superstar.

We have passed a few of the "tests" that people have said lets see when this happens. We have come back from behind amd whilst losing at old trafford we proved we can really mix it at the big boys, can get back into the game after going behind and tonight we have bounced back convincingly from a defeat. We have had a couple of injuries and bans to contend with as well and now we have Petrov, Johnson, RSC and Ade of course for Villa.

The next one is going to be someone rocking the boat. I can imagine if Petrov is dropped after making and scoring one he won't be happy. But someone has to make way for ade. Tevez just scored two, Bellamy in great form so you would expect to be Petrov but you just know he won't take that. Then there is Ireland. And richards will no doubt feel like he is being used as a bit of a scapegoat.

Problems but good ones really

Didsbury Dave said:
BAE85AEC9C49FC5640FB489EF1E8B8.jpg

He`s not won it for the last three years. Toure played well 2nite but would like a tall centre half in their, as given is not one
for commanding the area in the air?

But I do think we`ll win it if not this year, then certainly next if or when we qualify for champs league and sign a couple of superstars
next year .

I don't think Ireland or Petrov will start aginst villa.

But the flipside of that is that everyone is scrapping for a place at the moment.

Hughes's management skills are the key to that. So far, to be fair to him, everyone has had a few games. He's had his hand forced a bit but he's letting people earn the shirt. And people seem to be raising their game in the face of that challenge. De Jong (magnificent toinght), Bridge, Bellamy as examples.

He gave RSC abd Johnson a run out tonight to say "Look lads, you've got a chance". Good management.

Didsbury Dave said:
I don't think Ireland or Petrov will start aginst villa.

But the flipside of that is that everyone is scrapping for a place at the moment.

Hughes's management skills are the key to that. So far, to be fair to him, everyone has had a few games. He's had his hand forced a bit but he's letting people earn the shirt. And people seem to be raising their game in the face of that challenge. De Jong (magnificent toinght), Bridge, Bellamy as examples.

He gave RSC and Johnson a run out tonight to say "Look lads, you've got a chance". Good management.

Yeah he has managed to keep everyone happy thus far but has been helped with injuries and bans just at the right time really if thats the right way to put it. The problem will be when Rob is fit but its a squad game as we well know and it could well be that his return coincides with another injury as we have a few that are prone. Competition as you rightly say makes you raise your game. I do think that Bridge is the only one without any real pressure but he is doing well.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm also glad someone else who believes Richards will end up a top class centre half again, too. And I have noticed the Given thing. He got a bit bullied tonight by Cole. Having said that he's the best shot stopper I've sen in many years.

Sorry DD Micah will never be a top class centre half. He cannot defend and loses concentration. The only thing he has going for him is his athletic ability. As far as getting back into the team again we all saw tonight that Zab is a much better right back than Micah and barring any injuries the position is his to give away. Besides Ned is twice the player Micah is and when he's fit again Micah will be down the pecking order. I know you completely disagree with this but hey its just my opinion doesn't mean I'm right.....well not all the time.

Defenders.

The current defenders can get City to the Champions League, but they're not multidimensional enough to win the league. Lescott is too mistake prone. Touré isn't good enough in the air. Richards can't get forward and put in crosses, and Zabaleta lacks the pace to stay with quicker opposing LWs. Bridge is serviceable, but Hughes will need an upgrade at LB.

The rest of the squad is league title-caliber.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.