the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronnie the Rep said:
SWP's back said:
bgblue said:
Glad I've done something right Sam, the missus was fucking dead against it! Think she bought into all the uncertainty, and wanted a bit of security in the bank, then I went an virtually emptied it. Coming round a bit more now though
No you've done great mate and I am thrilled for you. It really helps in you are in a trade as well and that you know your area and also buying and selling at the right price (I know that sounds so simple as to be idiotic but it is true none the less).

This is so true. The thing that put me off most was the fact that I would have to buy a long way from where I live as house prices in my area are crazy. I don't feel I would have enough control or enough info to make an informed decision

That's true aswell. The neighbour next to my buy to let, bought a flat in Glasgow in an auction, has to pay an agent there, anything goes wrong he gets charged a small fortune. (most agents charge 15-25% on top of the trademans price and I know at least a dozen tradesmen working for 6 local agents around manchester and stockport who charge extra knowing this to be the case) and some months, he makes a loss. I would never buy too far away.

The economy is looking up, even in areas outside of London, here has been signs of growth
Truth is, inflation is still increasing, wages are reducing and the growth won't be felt.

Banks are still hamstrung by regulation, so I wouldn't count on the banks supplying too muh credit. Interestingly its the government owned banks that seem to have the most appetite for debt

From the BBC

UK wages decline among worst in Europe

Wages in the UK have seen one of the largest falls in the European Union during the economic downturn, according to official figures.

That is the fourth-worst decline among the 27 EU nations .

By contrast, German hourly wages rose by 2.7% over the same period.

Across the European Union as a whole, average wages fell 0.7%.

Only Greek, Portuguese and Dutch workers have had a steeper decline in hourly wages, the figures showed.

Other countries that have suffered during the eurozone debt crisis also fared better than the UK. Spain had a 3.3% drop over the same period and salaries in Cyprus fell by 3%.

French workers saw a 0.4% increase, while the 18 countries in the eurozone saw a 0.1% drop during that period.

mr t said:
From the BBC

Wages in the UK have seen one of the largest falls in the European Union during the economic downturn, according to official figures.

Only Greek, Portuguese and Dutch workers have had a steeper decline in hourly wages, the figures showed.

Other countries that have suffered during the eurozone debt crisis also fared better than the UK. Spain had a 3.3% drop over the same period and salaries in Cyprus fell by 3%.

French workers saw a 0.4% increase, while the 18 countries in the eurozone saw a 0.1% drop during that period.

naaa m8 looking up apparently

mr t said:
From the BBC

Saw this the other day.

It's just so depressing. This country is full of mugs.

Its booming for mr tesco mr asda and the like who employ workers on zero hours. Its booming for payday lenders. Its booming for utility companies who hike prices year on year and its booming for the bankers.

Josh Blue said:
mr t said:
From the BBC

naaa m8 looking up apparently
Yet another great insight. You think the two are mutually exclusive??

The article above is talking about what happened (past tense) over the last 5 years, the thread is talking about what is predicted (and looking likely) to happen - (future tense) over the coming 2 years.

But you won't reply to this, you'll slink back off to whatever you do and await another attempt to be pithy in a subject that's way over your head, even though this shouldn't have been too taxing as it's very straightforward English. Ill wager you didn't even read the article.

London may be booming

The north suffers as always

Why do th Tories hate us so much?

Ronnie the Rep said:
SWP's back said:
bgblue said:
Glad I've done something right Sam, the missus was fucking dead against it! Think she bought into all the uncertainty, and wanted a bit of security in the bank, then I went an virtually emptied it. Coming round a bit more now though
No you've done great mate and I am thrilled for you. It really helps in you are in a trade as well and that you know your area and also buying and selling at the right price (I know that sounds so simple as to be idiotic but it is true none the less).

This is so true. The thing that put me off most was the fact that I would have to buy a long way from where I live as house prices in my area are crazy. I don't feel I would have enough control or enough info to make an informed decision

I have loads of landlords on my books from down south, some I have never met. they buy up here because they get such value for money. they go quite far up the country too, I have not long done carpets in a house in Middleboro. the same guy has houses in Rochdale, Oldham etc. recently another southerner had us go to Rotherham, Leeds and Widnes. they ALL have a "manager" of one sort or another, any snags and they sort it and bill the landlord. must be worth it with the prices up here.
I do agree that they can be hassle though. I have one woman in Wales who owns a full street, I have never met her she just rings me and says please do number 7 number 8 or whatever. I pick the carpets and she wings over the money when the job is done. turns out most of them are some sort of hostel / halfway house type place. now that sounds like hassle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.