the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
SWP's back said:
No you've done great mate and I am thrilled for you. It really helps in you are in a trade as well and that you know your area and also buying and selling at the right price (I know that sounds so simple as to be idiotic but it is true none the less).

This is so true. The thing that put me off most was the fact that I would have to buy a long way from where I live as house prices in my area are crazy. I don't feel I would have enough control or enough info to make an informed decision

I have loads of landlords on my books from down south, some I have never met. they buy up here because they get such value for money. they go quite far up the country too, I have not long done carpets in a house in Middleboro. the same guy has houses in Rochdale, Oldham etc. recently another southerner had us go to Rotherham, Leeds and Widnes. they ALL have a "manager" of one sort or another, any snags and they sort it and bill the landlord. must be worth it with the prices up here.
I do agree that they can be hassle though. I have one woman in Wales who owns a full street, I have never met her she just rings me and says please do number 7 number 8 or whatever. I pick the carpets and she wings over the money when the job is done. turns out most of them are some sort of hostel / halfway house type place. now that sounds like hassle :)

Bill, there was a programme on a couple of weeks ago called, meet the landlords. Some fella around the midlands called himself hmodaddy.com
Well worth a watch if you can find it on iplayer or something like that.

bgblue said:
de niro said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
This is so true. The thing that put me off most was the fact that I would have to buy a long way from where I live as house prices in my area are crazy. I don't feel I would have enough control or enough info to make an informed decision

I have loads of landlords on my books from down south, some I have never met. they buy up here because they get such value for money. they go quite far up the country too, I have not long done carpets in a house in Middleboro. the same guy has houses in Rochdale, Oldham etc. recently another southerner had us go to Rotherham, Leeds and Widnes. they ALL have a "manager" of one sort or another, any snags and they sort it and bill the landlord. must be worth it with the prices up here.
I do agree that they can be hassle though. I have one woman in Wales who owns a full street, I have never met her she just rings me and says please do number 7 number 8 or whatever. I pick the carpets and she wings over the money when the job is done. turns out most of them are some sort of hostel / halfway house type place. now that sounds like hassle :)

Bill, there was a programme on a couple of weeks ago called, meet the landlords. Some fella around the midlands called himself hmodaddy.com
Well worth a watch if you can find it on iplayer or something like that.

cheers i'll dig that out. all these guys will now be making a killing as the housing market rises yet again.

jacko74 said:
I don't know if it's already been mentioned and I don't know how to post links.. but have a look on youtube for a video called 'The end of Britain' from Moneyweek magazine, pretty scarey stuff.
That has been around for about 3 years, every new year they change the date. It basically an advert so you buy there magazine

Greater inequality is bad for society and the economy. Worse, cutting benefits (and the social upheaval caused by the iniquitous bedroom tax) is bad for the economy. Poor people spend 100% of their income, the rich salt it away (some overseas) or spend it abroad or on luxury imported goods.

From "The Culture of Contentment", John Kenneth Galbraith, First Published 1992 (after Reaganomics)

"The long years of high budget deficits when they were not needed made it seemingly impossible to initiate stimulating public expenditures when they were now needed. The celebrated tax reductions for the upper-income brackets and the accompanying economics in welfare distribution had substituted the discretionary spending of the rich for the wholly reliable spending of the poor. A reasonably equitable distribution of income is thought by individuals of liberal disposition to be politically virtuous; in fact, it is economically highly functional."

udu6enyd.jpg

Vic said:
Greater inequality is bad for society and the economy. Worse, cutting benefits (and the social upheaval caused by the iniquitous bedroom tax) is bad for the economy. Poor people spend 100% of their income, the rich salt it away (some overseas) or spend it abroad or on luxury imported goods.

From "The Culture of Contentment", John Kenneth Galbraith, First Published 1992 (after Reaganomics)

"The long years of high budget deficits when they were not needed made it seemingly impossible to initiate stimulating public expenditures when they were now needed. The celebrated tax reductions for the upper-income brackets and the accompanying economics in welfare distribution had substituted the discretionary spending of the rich for the wholly reliable spending of the poor. A reasonably equitable distribution of income is thought by individuals of liberal disposition to be politically virtuous; in fact, it is economically highly functional."
Yeah,"Redistribution" of "other" peoples money is always going to be a vote winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.