the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said when it went bump 5 years ago we were looking at least 15-20 years to get back anywhere near the levels of 2008. I'm sorry to say I think I might be right, can't see anyway out of this unless someone takes a leap of faith and stops all the cuts.

smeeagain said:
i hate to appear a bit dim, but what exactly is a "zombie" company ?

a "zombie" company is one which is managing to stay alive by meeting its interest payments but not making any headway towards paying down its capital debts. it will be staying alive but not improving its net financial position.

ie, meeting current monthly or quarterly HMRC payments but not reducing historic debts, or paying interest only on bank loans but not making any contribution to the capital debt.

Love teh way Osbourne span it like it was down to him.
Lifting VAT to 20% slowed things.
Austerity, again slowed things.
Close to record unemployment
My local town centre seems like the reason for The Specials banger - Ghostown.

Things aren't quite as rosy as made out. If they were then I doubt we'd see this desperate statement.

Blue Maverick said:
I said when it went bump 5 years ago we were looking at least 15-20 years to get back anywhere near the levels of 2008. I'm sorry to say I think I might be right, can't see anyway out of this unless someone takes a leap of faith and stops all the cuts.

Well that does not chime with what I am seeing, there appears to be a lot of activity in construction at the moment, however at this stage it does not always translate into more jobs as companies have gotten used to working "leaner"

Incidentally I heard a little snippet on Radio 3 the other day saying that SME's are depositing far more money than they are lending, all it needs is a bit more confidence for them to start investing again, things are as gloomy as they were

Ducado said:
Blue Maverick said:

Well that does not chime with what I am seeing, there appears to be a lot of activity in construction at the moment, however at this stage it does not always translate into more jobs as companies have gotten used to working "leaner"

Incidentally I heard a little snippet on Radio 3 the other day saying that SME's are depositing far more money than they are lending, all it needs is a bit more confidence for them to start investing again, things are as gloomy as they were

I think building/construction will properly kick-start next year when the 5% mortgages start on existing housing as opposed to overpriced newbuilds.

I know plenty of people who are waiting for it.

Anybody who's looking for a new career and has a clean criminal record should look into mortgage broking and attain a CeMap. It will be like serving pints at Wetherspoons, guaranteed custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.