The elephant in the room is Ya Ya Toure

Interesting post. I only see Nasri coming in, I doubt we would want the media onslaught we would get if we signed Sneijder, the media have set their hearts on him signing for United. I don't know why. I think Nasri would suit us much more. I think this would allow Ya Ya to drop a little deeper, not as deep as De Jong but more of a box to box player. I would guess we'd line up in most games with.

.............Hart............
Richards VK JL Kolarov
..........De Jong.........
....Ya Ya....Nasri.......
Silva.................Aguero
...pick one of 3 strikers..

I think Ya Ya will look at little out of sorts for a few weeks due to Ramadan. I agree with many posters that Ya Ya will be integral next season.

Sheer lunacy to drop Yaya, he'll just drop a little deeper if need be. If it was good enough for Barca it's good enough for us

Corky said:
Silva's finishing would be it for me.

Those two chances in the final were pathetic, and it would have been his fault if we managed to lose it.

However the city site says we think 'can't shoot, won't shoot' Silva is Magic.

Bingo. In the OT Derby last year at 0-0, he put it wide from 4 yards. No point in having the touch of a lesbian and be able to pass like Iniesta if your arse falls out at key moments in the box.

----------------Hart-------------
Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Kolorov
--------------De Jong-----------
Silva--------Yaya Toure--Johnno
-----------Nasri-----------------
----------------Aguero-----------

???

Didsbury Dave said:
strongbowholic said:
I agree. Obviously they can capitulate to his demands, but are unlikely to do so as the 'rumour' (and I stress the word 'rumour'0 is that Kia has gotten into the ribs of a number of players, DJ among them.

I want him to stay. I want the club to do all they can to keep him. however, if he refuses to sign, what reasonably can we do?

Offer him more money until he does sign. He's a great player but there aren't many out there will pay him what we do.

I've heard the Kia rumours too, by the way.
We could, but if that's his new advisor, it's only going to end one way.

Tricky_Trev said:
It's quite clear what's going to happen with Yaya. In pre-season, Mancini has been playing him alongside De Jong, in a much deeper position than last year. Yaya has been poor so far, so unless he adapts quickly to the new position, he will lose his place to Barry.

Do you think he has, Trev? I think he's moved him about - alongside Milner in front of De Jong and also in his old position too. It's almost impossible to say definitively without being there of course.

johnny crossan said:
So Yaya is the new target for Dismal's grisly crew, the guy who won us FA Cup is suddenly another Mancini liability. So predictably sad.
Bit harsh JC. I think what DD is pointing out is that the position YaYa could end up taking is probably not his best position. I don't think that is an unreasonable thing to have posted and I certainly didn't view it as YaYa copping a slating.

Yaya was one of our more important players last season. Whether he continues to play in the hole (where he did very well last season) or is dropped deep (a position he's said he prefers), he'll almost certainly continue to be one of the first names on the teamsheet when fit and rightly so, hardly an elephant in the room. Also, everyone will get rotated when the manager deems the time right, even Silva.

.............Hart............
Richards VK JL Kolarov
..........De Jong.........
....Ya Ya....Nasri.......
Silva.................Aguero
...pick one of 3 strikers..

This is the one for me also .
On his day Ya Ya is so hard to play against, he will be first choice for most games, but I think he will and should be rotated due to the amount of games we will play, and subbed for Barry when we need someone to 'get their foot on the ball' - Barry is better than Ya Ya at this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.