The end of Dzeko

BoyBlue_1985 said:
The cookie monster said:
pominoz said:
"Works his nads off", and "He's a very hard worker", are we watching the same player?

He has cracked the shits and is sulking, he's a fucking liability at the moment.

18 goals!

How many of them were scored before xmas?
Whats that got to do with anything he's scored 18 goals in a system that just doesnt suit him,you clearly cant stand the guy as many others dont....

I for one think he is a good player....

The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
The cookie monster said:
18 goals!

How many of them were scored before xmas?
Whats that got to do with anything he's scored 18 goals in a system that just doesnt suit him,you clearly cant stand the guy as many others dont....

I for one think he is a good player....

He scored 12 before November which means he has scored 6 goals in 6 months.

It has everything to do with what you said as all you said is 18 goals. 12 in 3 months 6 in 6 months.
I have nothing against Dzeko its clear he doesnt fit in the team though but that not even to say Mancini might not buy some wingers and keep him but nothing can take away the fact his first touch is terrible

Edin Dzeko was the most sought after striker in europe when we signed him, we are too narrow to play with a striker like dzeko, we have Adam Johnson as our only winger who also never plays and when he does he plays on the right cutting inside all the time.

Buy an out an out wide player start firing crosses in the box all game and Dzeko would guarentee you 20+ goals a season without a doubt!

Against spurs he scored 4, next game he was dropped???? crazy man management, strikers thrive on confidence and that wouldnt help,

against the shit at the swamp came off the bench and scored 2, next game dropped again!

honestly some city fans really fuck me off, how spoilt have we become to call a striker who got 18 goals from a handful of starts shit, useless, lazy and numerous other unfounded insults,

get a grip!

winnie said:
Edin Dzeko was the most sought after striker in europe when we signed him, we are too narrow to play with a striker like dzeko, we have Adam Johnson as our only winger who also never plays and when he does he plays on the right cutting inside all the time.

Buy an out an out wide player start firing crosses in the box all game and Dzeko would guarentee you 20+ goals a season without a doubt!

Against spurs he scored 4, next game he was dropped???? crazy man management, strikers thrive on confidence and that wouldnt help,

against the shit at the swamp came off the bench and scored 2, next game dropped again!

honestly some city fans really fuck me off, how spoilt have we become to call a striker who got 18 goals from a handful of starts shit, useless, lazy and numerous other unfounded insults,

get a grip!

Its quite simple really there are 4 strikers in the squad and he is the 4th best of them which = less game time

your missing my point mate, im not saying that he should play every week,

my point is that when a striker does get 4 goals in a game surely it warrents a start the following week, it isnt like mancini didnt sign him, he is a player mancini bought so why spend the money on a player in the mould of Dzeko if you aint going to play him in a system that suits him, i also get the horses for courses point that that style doesnt suit every opponent but in recent weeks when we have played teams and struggled to break them down then why not play him with wide players?

A player with the record of his doesnt become a shit player over night as some on here would have us believe!

winnie said:
your missing my point mate, im not saying that he should play every week,

my point is that when a striker does get 4 goals in a game surely it warrents a start the following week, it isnt like mancini didnt sign him, he is a player mancini bought so why spend the money on a player in the mould of Dzeko if you aint going to play him in a system that suits him, i also get the horses for courses point that that style doesnt suit every opponent but in recent weeks when we have played teams and struggled to break them down then why not play him with wide players?

A player with the record of his doesnt become a shit player over night as some on here would have us believe!

The problem is mate we dont really have wide players in a typical wide player sense as AJ is probably the only one but he will always come inside rather than cross it. Also Dzeko is way out of form at the moment, okay you have to play to get back but with Aguero and Tevez firing now is not the time for passengers

As for the 4 goals then not starting, the idea was to rest him for the Napoli game, okay it backfired quite spectacularly but a game vs Wigan was never going to call for the most testing of times (then)
Also the rag game he scored 2 against a defeated and deflated team that decided to play none a the back for the last 5 minutes

Dzeko doesn't need wingers, he didn't have them in Wolfsburg which played a diamond formation. However, they knew how to widen the field and didn't play so narrow. What is also the case is that he is not a good fit for is this short passing, slow build up system where you pass it around endlessly. He is used to much quicker development in the attack where he is targeted, can run onto balls facing the goal.

some are pointig out that how many goals he scored before xmas...that is actually the argument pro dzeko since he wasnt actally played after that..if he was a bad player wouldnt score even this many goals..its going to be interesting after season...

Shouldnt this discussion be dropped already??

Dzeko = very good striker who doesnt fit in our style of play, END OF.

When given chance he DID contribute as much as he could.

That said he WILL NOT be here next year (unless there is a change up top, which is very unlikely) as current situation is not working for the team or himself.

Regardless of what Dzeko-haters think he is way better than "4th striker" on ANY team in EPL - he simply doesnt FIT here and therefore all his shortcomings are HIGHLIGHTED.

He will look to move to a team where he will fit better - and in such team he can start and bang goals any day.

Can this back and forth stop now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.