The end of Dzeko

majstor_dzeko said:
Risen_Eagle said:
dom said:
OK so which 'difficult' City games did Dzeko turn ?

Well i can remember the first game against Tottenham also the first game against Wigan which we've won 1-0 away. I mean of course, Dzeko was more an addiction than a key player but it`s easier to keep a player than getting a new player every year.
scored first against swansea home (57 min ) and than it finished 4:0, totenham, wolverhampton again first goal (52 min),qpr away 1:1 in 43 min, wigan away 0:1
When he says what games did he 'turn' he doesn't mean just scored, i.e. Swansea and Wolves

"He is 100% you going nowhere" = he is on is way but he isn't asking for a transfer so city can pay up!

I like Dzeko, I think in the right team he will look world class, unfortutunately that team isn't city!

pudge said:
majstor_dzeko said:
Risen_Eagle said:
Well i can remember the first game against Tottenham also the first game against Wigan which we've won 1-0 away. I mean of course, Dzeko was more an addiction than a key player but it`s easier to keep a player than getting a new player every year.
scored first against swansea home (57 min ) and than it finished 4:0, totenham, wolverhampton again first goal (52 min),qpr away 1:1 in 43 min, wigan away 0:1
When he says what games did he 'turn' he doesn't mean just scored, i.e. Swansea and Wolves
when it is 0:0 in 50 min and you score first goal you dont think that goal 'turn' the game???

majstor_dzeko said:
pudge said:
majstor_dzeko said:
when it is 0:0 in 50 min and you score first goal you dont think that goal 'turn' the game???
His the goal does, but he simply tapped the ball into an open net, right place right time like a good striker.

But what I mean by turning a game, is more like his performance against Sporting (second leg) when his introduction sparked the entire team, and we scored 3 goals.

Also, the goal against Wolves at 0:0, i'd say Aguero did more to 'turn' the game with his contribution to it by your logic.

the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
In the past I've stood up for the lad both at the match and on this forum.
I've tried to highlight that he's probably not used to squad rotation due to his past successes and that if he is a "confidence player" that this could have knocked him a little.
I've attempted to tell others fans that he was developing his all-round game as a result at being deployed in an unfamiliar system of play.
I've even used the "WE NEED WINGERS" tactic on a couple of occasions.
I've honestly really tried to keep positive about the lad.......

.....but the sad fact is his heads gone now at City. I doubt anyone would disagree with me when I say that he hasn't fitted in to this new footballing challenge, to be honest he's looked out of his depth on too many occasions, and he's not really shown us on enough occasions that he's the player to build this "EXPENSIVE WINGERS" style of play around. I wish the kid all the good luck in the world for his future, but I hope we sell him this summer whilst some manager will still pay a hefty fee for him, letting both him and us move on.

Not defended him on here but have done many times in pub. Feel exactly the same. Some players just don't work out for what ever reason. Sadly it hasn't for Dzeko.

Cry Me A Weaver said:
the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
In the past I've stood up for the lad both at the match and on this forum.
I've tried to highlight that he's probably not used to squad rotation due to his past successes and that if he is a "confidence player" that this could have knocked him a little.
I've attempted to tell others fans that he was developing his all-round game as a result at being deployed in an unfamiliar system of play.
I've even used the "WE NEED WINGERS" tactic on a couple of occasions.
I've honestly really tried to keep positive about the lad.......

.....but the sad fact is his heads gone now at City. I doubt anyone would disagree with me when I say that he hasn't fitted in to this new footballing challenge, to be honest he's looked out of his depth on too many occasions, and he's not really shown us on enough occasions that he's the player to build this "EXPENSIVE WINGERS" style of play around. I wish the kid all the good luck in the world for his future, but I hope we sell him this summer whilst some manager will still pay a hefty fee for him, letting both him and us move on.

Not defended him on here but have done many times in pub. Feel exactly the same. Some players just don't work out for what ever reason. Sadly it hasn't for Dzeko.

I agree that it hasn't worked. We want to play more like Barca's style than a usual English one and as good a player as Drogba is, I can't see him ever being able to get in the Barca team, solely because he doesn't fit in with how they play.
We're not at their level yet tho so I'm not convinced there isn't a role for him to play. Next season I'd have Sergio and Tevez (wishful thinking) as our two main men. Mario/Guidetti as our youthful back-up and then someone with real pace as our alternative/game-changing option. I think I'd be more confident with that than any system involving Dzeko.

As in a previous post Dzeko needs wingers to feed him, hes no pace to get in behind players, so yes he doesnt look good that doesnt mean he isnt, but not at City playing our system, sadly without wingers, thats another subject tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.