The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

I assume you mean the Philips Park Cemetery, if so all unrestricted parking will disappear, to be replaced with parking bays that allow you to park for a maximum of 90 minutes, ive attached the map for you.

The changes around Riverpark Road are complete and utter madness, they are creating parking bays with a maximum stay of 90 minutes that are never ever going to be utilised. It baggers belief it really does.......
Wouldn’t they then have to make payment up to say 11pm.
At the moment meters finish at 8 pm all across town, so you would only have to pay up to 8pm.
Surely they won’t make the local London outpost ( resident of Ancosts ) pay any extra.

And don’t call me surely

Public transport in Manchester is a mess at best and at worst its non existent. Their is no investment so little alternative for many. We have taken the train up from Kidsgrove in the past but the strikes and the lack of services for evening games resulted in us driving again this season. We park on Clayton Lane but looks as if that will be residents only even tho its a non residential street. Will have to have a serious think about whether we renew for next season.

I always park at St.Brigids. I usually arrive about an hour and a quarter before kick off and generally have no problem getting a parking spot. However a few times recently it has been close to full when I arrived and I was lucky to get in. If they stop people parking on the streets this is going to put more pressure on the paid parking which means arriving earlier and paying more. Not attractive propositions.

Slight off topic but relevant.

I was saying the other day when me and the Mrs came to Manny. The public transport is so much better than Leeds :D

Can't even drive into Leeds City Centre anymore (most parts). It's all bus lanes. But the bus services are awful....

Can't even drive into Leeds City Centre anymore (most parts). It's all bus lanes. But the bus services are awful....
The main route for me into Manchester by bus is the A58. They have a bus lane for about the last 1.5 miles into the city centre but my bus route actually decides as it reaches that point to veer off round the houses in a totally different direction and not use it. Quite bizarre as it would have a nice fast 10min route straight to Victoria station, AO Arena etc otherwise, but no, it has to fight traffic for 30mins or worse.

To do the 7 miles from my house to City would take three buses and 90 mins (assuming the connections work). I ain't doing that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.