The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Based on the North Stand expansion announced this morning, anyone, like me who spent time offering their views, will find it was the equivalent of pissing in the wind....

Usual council democracy at play. Be prepared to be paying £20 at one of the few sites offering parking once this comes in.

EASTLANDS RESIDENTS PARKING SCHEME​

Manchester City Council is in the final stages of a legal consultation for the implementation of an expanded Residents Parking Scheme which will be in operation before Co-op Live holds its first event, and will ensure that local residents, businesses and their visitors can park at their homes and properties when events are taking place.
The scope of the Eastlands Residents Parking Scheme was planned from the outset to account for an expansion of the Etihad Stadium (planning application approved in 2014) as well as the Co-op Live arena and a wide range of other sporting, leisure and entertainment uses which may be developed at the Etihad Campus in the future.

Based on the North Stand expansion announced this morning, anyone, like me who spent time offering their views, will find it was the equivalent of pissing in the wind....

Usual council democracy at play. Be prepared to be paying £20 at one of the few sites offering parking once this comes in.

Manchester City Council is in the final stages of a legal consultation for the implementation of an expanded Residents Parking Scheme which will be in operation before Co-op Live holds its first event, and will ensure that local residents, businesses and their visitors can park at their homes and properties when events are taking place.
The scope of the Eastlands Residents Parking Scheme was planned from the outset to account for an expansion of the Etihad Stadium (planning application approved in 2014) as well as the Co-op Live arena and a wide range of other sporting, leisure and entertainment uses which may be developed at the Etihad Campus in the future.

Fully expected. These public consultations are just lip service to keep the illusion of democracy going.

In nearby Castleton to us, they did similar about cycle lanes being put in on the main through road. Most all residents and businesses were totally against it. No street parking meant nobody could stop at say the bakers, grab something and go ... they (by cutting down full grown healthy trees) made a car park on common area to 'compensate' .... it's not that close to the shops and rarely used.

Petitions were raised etc ... the council ploughed on regardless. Cnuts the lot of them.

You may jest but I've said before.

Drain the fuckin Ashton Canal from Etihad to near Piccadilly and put a rapid people mover train thing in of some sort :-)
Hey, leave our canals alone, yer vandal. But yer can still have yer rapid transit train built over the top of the canal. I think they have one, or had one, in Wuppertal. And don't New York have overhead 'subways'? I think some of that 'dodgy' money that the FA are looking at could be diverted!

Hey, leave our canals alone, yer vandal. But yer can still have yer rapid transit train built over the top of the canal. I think they have one, or had one, in Wuppertal. And don't New York have overhead 'subways'? I think some of that 'dodgy' money that the FA are looking at could be diverted!
My physics teacher lamented that the magnetic monorail was a UK invention yet other countries had implemented it and we ignored it.

The canal depths can vary wildly , people would be surprised if they were drained, and it wouldn't help flooding.

I responded similar to MCC as I did to MCFC on the inadequacy of an alterative offer.

Cheesey has a clip of one from Leipzig last week in his video blog. Might do the business above the canal. mono.jpg

Fully expected. These public consultations are just lip service to keep the illusion of democracy going.

In nearby Castleton to us, they did similar about cycle lanes being put in on the main through road. Most all residents and businesses were totally against it. No street parking meant nobody could stop at say the bakers, grab something and go ... they (by cutting down full grown healthy trees) made a car park on common area to 'compensate' .... it's not that close to the shops and rarely used.

Petitions were raised etc ... the council ploughed on regardless. Cnuts the lot of them.

That will be the same Rochdale Council that stole the historic cobbles from the hill next to Middleton parish church, tarmac'd over it and declared it a cycling route - it's never seen a cyclist ever as it is far too steep!

Their next wheeze is going to be 'pedestrianising' one of the remaining through roads in Middleton claiming to be improving the historic character of the area despite it being full of nothing but takeaways and not anywhere that a pedestrian would need to walk to.

Yep that's about the sum of it. Already decided.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.