The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Only live 45 mins drive from the ground but we can't get public transport home from night matches.Unless we become early lavers!!!!!!! Bloody hell people will be leaving at half time.

In the old Main road days the bus company ( council) used to lay on loads of double deckers from the city centre to the ground. They’d be lined up after the game for the return journey. Something like that could help.
Happens now, unless you leave early they get limited to walking pace as the road is full of people. I think the numbers reduced 10 years ago with the tram. Probably accounts for 500 people.

Happens now, unless you leave early they get limited to walking pace as the road is full of people. I think the numbers reduced 10 years ago with the tram. Probably accounts for 500 people.
I think shuttle buses are the plan, for the arena at least. Alan Turing Way then Oldham Road would be better to run them as it's 2 lanes but probably will need a bus lane to make it work and better pedestrian crossings. Would be great for me if they could run them into Shudehill!

I think shuttle buses are the plan, for the arena at least. Alan Turing Way then Oldham Road would be better to run them as it's 2 lanes but probably will need a bus lane to make it work and better pedestrian crossings. Would be great for me if they could run them into Shudehill!
What about us poor twats in East manchester or elsewhere?

What about us poor twats in East manchester or elsewhere?
I think we'll end up using the infrastructure that already exists and Shudehill is probably the best city interchange that's relatively easy to shuttle to and from as it enables easy changes for tram users from Bury, Altrincham and the airport and the other lines are just a short walk from Victoria. Plus it covers a few bus routes and there's facilities there. They might be able to arrange a pickup/drop-off/turnaround near Victoria I suppose which would be better. Or they might just shuttle people to Central Park but the buses at that interchange seem few and far between at the moment - you can't get far from there. As long as they do something.

In the old Main road days the bus company ( council) used to lay on loads of double deckers from the city centre to the ground. They’d be lined up after the game for the return journey. Something like that could help.
They also used to run match day special buses from the bus depot on Princess Road out to the suburbs. I used to catch the 102x which left about 10 minutes after the final whistle and be home in about half an hour. It now takes ne three times that long from the Etihad.

They also used to run match day special buses from the bus depot on Princess Road out to the suburbs. I used to catch the 102x which left about 10 minutes after the final whistle and be home in about half an hour. It now takes ne three times that long from the Etihad.
I lived in Harpurey . Two buses and about 40 minutes to Maine Road. Never failed to get on a bus. It was very efficient shuttle service to me.

The extra parking instructions are probably more aimed at the public using the new Coop arena. More non regular public using it, so getting caught by traffic wardens

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.