The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Most of the new restrictions that they are proposing are not in residential areas, for example, there are no residential properties whatsoever on Riverpark Road, but still, they are planning to introduce restriction which will prohibit match day parking along the entire length on both sides.

The metro station at the Etihad is simply not fit for purpose, it’s too small and does not have the capacity to move large volumes of people in a short period.

If Transport for Greater Manchester were serious about public transport, they would have built at massive sidings at the rear of Etihad where they could park up say 50 trams, then they would have the rolling stock on hand to move 20,000 people immediately after an event. But this is never going to happen, as of December 2022 Metrolink is operated by a fleet of only 147 trams and they aren’t going to dedicate over a third of its rolling stock to the Etihad
The constant moaning about Metrolink remains a puzzle to me. It will require more justification than a few City matches to warrant spending on the scale required.

People on here seem to think that that the City Council should spend millions on a tram system to the Etihad for 19 match days (for League matches), 6-7 CL matches, plus the odd FA Cup and EFL Cup match. It all adds up to around 27-28 match days a year out of 365 days. It will not happen.

When the Co-Op Live Arena is open there will be more chance of an enhanced service. Housing development may help to build a case for some improvements.

The Etihad remains rather too close to the City Centre to justify that much public sector transportation investment.

The constant moaning about Metrolink remains a puzzle to me. It will require more justification than a few City matches to warrant spending on the scale required.

People on here seem to think that that the City Council should spend millions on a tram system to the Etihad for 19 match days (for League matches), 6-7 CL matches, plus the odd FA Cup and EFL Cup match. It all adds up to around 27-28 match days a year out of 365 days. It will not happen.

When the Co-Op Live Arena is open there will be more chance of an enhanced service. Housing development may help to build a case for some improvements.

The Etihad remains rather too close to the City Centre to justify that much public sector transportation investment.

I’m confused now.

So no trams …fair enough
No parking …. Okkkk
Buses stop or are every hour at night

So how do 60,000 fans from all corners of Manchester and beyond get to games?

The supporters coaches and mini buses take up some slack but there are thousands who park in the vicinity of the ground and soon won’t be able to …. It’s mental

We can’t all walk to town and sleep in the gardens

I’m confused now.

So no trams …fair enough
No parking …. Okkkk
Buses stop or are every hour at night

So how do 60,000 fans from all corners of Manchester and beyond get to games?

The supporters coaches and mini buses take up some slack but there are thousands who park in the vicinity of the ground and soon won’t be able to …. It’s mental

We can’t all walk to town and sleep in the gardens
I think it will literally decimate (Roman) season ticket number when it is implemented, something the club may welcome if there is demand for higher priced single match tickets. Some will pack in, other give it a season and see how the ticket exchange goes for games which have no transport back.

Or build a really high slide from the top of the North Stand that arrives in Piccadilly Station.

Etihad are sponsors. Think they need some green friendly VSTOL in their fleet.
Just a long shot but could they put a zip wire from the roof of the stadium, maybe above the north stand as those at the top are nearly there to the concourse at Piccadilly station and charge a tenner a head to rent the harness, which is cheap cos it's about 60 quid in Wales. Two added benefits to this is,
1. Keeps people off the street
2. They can change the blue bulbs at the top of the pylons which cause a lot of grief on here when they pop.
Just thinking outside the box, on second thoughts think I will stay in my box .
I thought of that in 2021 but couldn't find a sponsor, maybe you will be lucky;-)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230302_230003_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230302_230003_Chrome.jpg
    941.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20230302_230014_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230302_230014_Chrome.jpg
    745.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I think it will literally decimate (Roman) season ticket number when it is implemented, something the club may welcome if there is demand for higher priced single match tickets. Some will pack in, other give it a season and see how the ticket exchange goes for games which have no transport back.

Be amazed if that happens personally. People who are keen enough always find a way. Not a criticism, but I think disillusioned fans on the brink of jacking it in are hugely over represented on this forum.

Trying public transport this morning I live in Royton let’s see how it takes, trying the bus to see what it’s like. Tbh today should be ok it’s Sundays and nights that will be the problem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.