The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

How very dare you disrespect Ashton.

Once you’re in, you’re not leavin !!!
I did. Born and bred in Ashton, then moved to Stalybridge when I was 27. I moved to Woodley 38 years ago and have been here ever since. I used to live on Mill Lane in the 1950s, and the house is now the annex to the HSBC on bank on Stamford Street.
Ashton has changed dramatically since I was a kid. The indoor market after the fire, the market itself, half the pubs I went in are no longer there etc,etc. Progress, I suppose.
I went in Aldi 3 or 4 years ago, and got talking to a lady a lot older than me. I said that the last time I came in here it was called Gatefield school! She said "you're going back a bit" and I told her it was 1961, then I went to Ashton Grammar.
Fond memories, but life moves on.

without trawling through the thread, are you still allowed to park on riverpark road

And you said it takes twenty minutes from the stadium to Ashton on the tram
What about the wait for the tram, which is only going to get worse because of the huge increase in people having to use it, plus when everyone starts parking at the park and ride, that'll fill, so more will use the retail park, then that will introduce a time limit, and the residents will complain about matchday parking, so a residents zone there will be introduced
There's no way the tram takes 20 min to Ashton, it gets stuck in the fuckin traffic until it gets to the snipe!

without trawling through the thread, are you still allowed to park on riverpark road

for now yes.​

Streets with marked 'limited waiting' bays​

Under the plans, the following streets will have bays where parking to non-permit holders will be limited to 90 minutes.

Riverpark Road

for now yes.​

Streets with marked 'limited waiting' bays​

Under the plans, the following streets will have bays where parking to non-permit holders will be limited to 90 minutes.

Riverpark Road
That's ok then I'll be able to drive down without fuckin about with the tram from Ashton, happy days

My daughters went to the Coldplay gig last night and were seated in L3 of the south stand
When they left the stadium and turned right to walk down Ashton toad towards town, there were a queue of stewards who wouldn't allow any of the concert goers to walk that way and they were all directed towards Joe Mercer way
Apparently it was an absolute nightmare with people trying to walk away from the stadium and also trying to queue for a tram
They also said they were charging £7 for a pint of Asahi

Wonder if there will be a "park on my drive" surge around the ground or will that be outlawed as well

Should probably start a thread about the non-official off-site car parks, we are going to need it next year.

Parked in Vermillion on Weds as I was in a rush, took me 25 mins to get off the car park
Vermillion is much worse than normal, harder to get out of just now because of the bridge works road closure on the street it's on. everything has to go to Alan Turing Way. Second time they've done that bridge in last few years and each time it's been months.

My daughters went to the Coldplay gig last night and were seated in L3 of the south stand
When they left the stadium and turned right to walk down Ashton toad towards town, there were a queue of stewards who wouldn't allow any of the concert goers to walk that way and they were all directed towards Joe Mercer way
Apparently it was an absolute nightmare with people trying to walk away from the stadium and also trying to queue for a tram
They also said they were charging £7 for a pint of Asahi
Stewards cant stop you going anywhere outside of the stadium

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.