The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

So just to clarify have these new measures come in yet? Sorry I'm asking for someone else who's driving to the game today iv not been following

Andy Burnham can fuck right off the stupid scouse twat. The trams going to and from the ground are already a nightmare, if thousands more are using them they just aren’t going to cope. Also if I owned a business on say Ashton New Road I’d be furious as the amount of people who park near the ground and use the local chippys etc are going to lose a big share of their business. I assume this parking restriction will also apply to the new arena? Or is it just Manchester City fans that the scouse **** is determined to inconvenience? All done at a time when we are expanding, and clearly taking no account of the jobs, money and regeneration that our club had brought to the city. Daft doesn’t come close. As ever has our club just rolled over and accepted this? Given he is a scouser we’ve probably apologised to him

Andy Burnham can fuck right off the stupid scouse twat. The trams going to and from the ground are already a nightmare, if thousands more are using them they just aren’t going to cope. Also if I owned a business on say Ashton New Road I’d be furious as the amount of people who park near the ground and use the local chippys etc are going to lose a big share of their business. I assume this parking restriction will also apply to the new arena? Or is it just Manchester City fans that the scouse **** is determined to inconvenience? All done at a time when we are expanding, and clearly taking no account of the jobs, money and regeneration that our club had brought to the city. Daft doesn’t come close. As ever has our club just rolled over and accepted this? Given he is a scouser we’ve probably apologised to him
He’s a scouser, how can it be his fault?

The new car parking restrictions are entirely due to the new arena as it is boasting of being an 180 day a year operation rather than 26 or so days city do.

City haven't accepted it, they were part of implementing it in effect. There could be a drop in season ticket holders but the clubs would love that right now.

A neighbour of mine walks the 3 miles to the Academy Stadium from Lower Broughton and back to watch the youth games during the week. He is in his 70's and takes him less than 50 minutes. A little longer on the way home as he stops for a few pints of Holts bitter in town on the walk home. Thus why he does not drive to the games.

City are mitigating the issue by expanding the north stand and providing 200 electric bike stands.

MCC claim fans will use other transport options available, even though for some people they are not available, could add 4 hours onto the day if they are and end up costing about 5 times as much.

In reality the problem is being displaced from empty streets in the new zone to residential ones outside the restrictions.
I wonder if they’ll include electric scooters you know the ones been banned in Paris now! Can’t wait for it to piss down in the middle of winter I’m not getting fucking soaked to sit for 110 mins of football piss wet through then get even wetter and colder waiting for a bus that may or may not turn up, lots of empty seats I reckon!

I wonder if they’ll include electric scooters you know the ones been banned in Paris now! Can’t wait for it to piss down in the middle of winter I’m not getting fucking soaked to sit for 110 mins of football piss wet through then get even wetter and colder waiting for a bus that may or may not turn up, lots of empty seats I reckon!
or walking on frozen snow filled streets for an hour

That’s still ok even when restrictions come in
looking at the new scheme parking is restricted near the fire station area up to the bridge?

I'm going to park in Droylsden near the New Road and 216 to ground.

Are there buses after the game to Ashton? Night games too?

City are mitigating the issue by expanding the north stand and providing 200 electric bike stands.

MCC claim fans will use other transport options available, even though for some people they are not available, could add 4 hours onto the day if they are and end up costing about 5 times as much.

In reality the problem is being displaced from empty streets in the new zone to residential ones outside the restrictions.
200 empty bike stands, unless they provide security to watch them they'll be stolen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.