The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Transport and parking are a huge problem, and it's getting worse

Central Manchester is a hell hole for traffic congestion already, but it seems to be a subject that is quietly put to one side

Trains between Victoria and Ashton use the line that goes through former Park Station don’t they?

0.6m walk to the ground, so 20 mins after leaving victoria you’d be at the ground/co-op

Can’t believe that’s not been looked at

Transport and parking are a huge problem, and it's getting worse

Central Manchester is a hell hole for traffic congestion already, but it seems to be a subject that is quietly put to one side
Leaving it all to have a great excuse for congestion or clean air charges....cameras arent there for nothing

Leaving it all to have a great excuse for congestion or clean air charges....cameras arent there for nothing
If public transport was decent enough to allow most people to travel to the centre of town efficiently and cheaply, I doubt many would moan about congestion charges.

The fact it isn’t and is so far away from being a decent option makes travelling to town miserable.

It takes me 40 mins to get the tram into town. I can be in Leeds in that time in my car. You also have to play the nobhead lottery on the tram too.

Last edited:
Trains between Victoria and Ashton use the line that goes through former Park Station don’t they?

0.6m walk to the ground, so 20 mins after leaving victoria you’d be at the ground/co-op

Can’t believe that’s not been looked at

Only fractionally closer than Ashburys. Obviously if you were coming in from Ashton, it would be a decent option. But for the vast majority I can’t see much demand for catching a train to a station that’s still over half a mile away, when you can jump on a tram that takes you right there.

Only fractionally closer than Ashburys. Obviously if you were coming in from Ashton, it would be a decent option. But for the vast majority I can’t see much demand for catching a train to a station that’s still over half a mile away, when you can jump on a tram that takes you right there.

The Metrolink and Ashburys go into Picadilly

The line that goes through Park terminates in Victoria which is a huge difference for anyone coming from the northern half of GM

Park Station closed not long after the engineering factories closed down nearly two decades ago. Wether it's worth the cost of reinstating the platforms I don't know.

To get that level of new strategic infrastructure you need a lot of new housing and jobs. For example it used to be 5k new homes minimum to justify a motorway junction (may still be).

I know there has been more than one plan, but if it isn't in Greater Manchester Transport Strategy 2040 it isn't happening in a lot of people's lifetimes on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.