The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Andy Burnham can fuck right off the stupid scouse twat. The trams going to and from the ground are already a nightmare, if thousands more are using them they just aren’t going to cope. Also if I owned a business on say Ashton New Road I’d be furious as the amount of people who park near the ground and use the local chippys etc are going to lose a big share of their business. I assume this parking restriction will also apply to the new arena? Or is it just Manchester City fans that the scouse **** is determined to inconvenience? All done at a time when we are expanding, and clearly taking no account of the jobs, money and regeneration that our club had brought to the city. Daft doesn’t come close. As ever has our club just rolled over and accepted this? Given he is a scouser we’ve probably apologised to him
The goal is that in few years all the scrubby patches of land used for car parking, from town out to inner east Manchester, will have been CPO'd and sold to developers. Great Ancoats Street will most likely have been taken off the ring road. The anti-motorist agenda, the developers agenda and the city centre nimby agenda are all converging. How we City fans get to and from the ground and the impact on businesses along the route is not a priority. They want to turn town into more of a residential neighbourhood and gentrify the areas around it, create a healthier city by getting Mancunians to walk and use public transport more, and please the higher rate taxpayers who have moved to town from other parts of the country and don't use or like cars. City also want as many fans as possible to travel to the ground 'sustainably', so I wouldn't expect any pushback from the club either. All well and good if you are fit and healthy and live somewhere relatively close to the city centre with decent transport connections, but some folk are going to be left behind the way things are going, which isn't right.

The goal is that in few years all the scrubby patches of land used for car parking, from town out to inner east Manchester, will have been CPO'd and sold to developers. Great Ancoats Street will most likely have been taken off the ring road. The anti-motorist agenda, the developers agenda and the city centre nimby agenda are all converging. How we City fans get to and from the ground and the impact on businesses along the route is not a priority. They want to turn town into more of a residential neighbourhood and gentrify the areas around it, create a healthier city by getting Mancunians to walk and use public transport more, and please the higher rate taxpayers who have moved to town from other parts of the country and don't use or like cars. City also want as many fans as possible to travel to the ground 'sustainably', so I wouldn't expect any pushback from the club either. All well and good if you are fit and healthy and live somewhere relatively close to the city centre with decent transport connections, but some folk are going to be left behind the way things are going, which isn't right.

We don't have an issue catching the train and walking, but evening games are hard to attend this way as trains often dont run as late as needed. What I don't get is the blanket ban on cars being parked in roads which aren't residential such as Clayton Lane. This seems to serve no purpose apart from deliberately pissing off people who used to park there who caused no inconvenience at all. I would like to know what the rationale is behind this particular action.

Unless the C¹ouncil and City upgrade the public transport infrastructure with more busses, park and ride schemes and tram upgrades then I can see evening games being more poorly attended than they are now. Reinstalling the Ardwick viaduct and installing a new station next to the athletics track would be fantastic but cost an arm and a leg and we know the government won't invest in transport outside the capital. Time will tell I supose. But it shouldn't have to be a chore to get to and from a football match or concert in this day and age.

We don't have an issue catching the train and walking, but evening games are hard to attend this way as trains often dont run as late as needed. What I don't get is the blanket ban on cars being parked in roads which aren't residential such as Clayton Lane. This seems to serve no purpose apart from deliberately pissing off people who used to park there who caused no inconvenience at all. I would like to know what the rationale is behind this particular action.

Unless the C¹ouncil and City upgrade the public transport infrastructure with more busses, park and ride schemes and tram upgrades then I can see evening games being more poorly attended than they are now. Reinstalling the Ardwick viaduct and installing a new station next to the athletics track would be fantastic but cost an arm and a leg and we know the government won't invest in transport outside the capital. Time will tell I supose. But it shouldn't have to be a chore to get to and from a football match or concert in this day and age.

The problem in this country, in this day and age, is that it is an old country with an old road system and a lack of space in cities and towns.

They had spce to build our stadium but it is still surrounded by so much so the infrastructure does not cope well and is not easy to change.

The proposals are to extend the existing parking scheme near the Etihad Stadium to operate every day from 12 noon to 11pm, and include all of the surrounding streets'

These proposals will see the end of all on street parking in both none residential and residential areas alike at all locations around the Etihad.

Areas where free unrestricted parking is currently permitted such on Briscoe Lane, Riverpark Road (behind the old abattoir and Philips Park cemetery), Clayton Lane and many others will end and new restrictions which will prohibit all none permit holders from parking.

The proposal even plan to implement residents parking only restrictions on streets where no residential dwellings exist, there aren't any houses on Eccleshall Street (the were demolished 15-20 years ago) in Clayton, but low and behold they are restricting the full length of the carriageway on both sides to some none existent residents.

See attached for details

View attachment 69696View attachment 69697View attachment 69698View attachment 69700View attachment 69701

Anyone effected by these proposals can log an objection, but you will need to be quick, they need to be in by 16 March 2023.

See attached for details
So are you still able
See attached
So are you still able to park on Ashton new road?

We were just a regular club when we agreed to take the stadium on after the Commonwealth Games. I don’t think anyone could’ve foreseen exactly what would come after that.

I’m all for people using public transport to cut down on cars near the stadium but the service / options aren’t good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.