The English Pirlo. That man from Hastings

I like Barry, he's so calm and on the ball and his passing is very crisp. He breaks up the opposition's play well too. He is a vital member of the team.

What frustrates me is his alarming lack of pace. He is one of the slowest footballers I have seen! Maybe last season with the World Cup he was half-fit for took a toll on him, like it did with Torres. I didn't really notice him on Monday lol, can anyone confirm if he looked any faster or more agile?

leighton said:
This has to be some sort of piss take. To compare Barry and Pirlo is just madness. Barry is not good enough and wont be part of our team long term. We need better than Barry and Milner to be honest. Barry is shit hasnt done it since he has come to the club. IF Nasri signs Barry will be dropped to the Vieira role with Yaya taking his place beside De Jong.
I never rated him even when he was with Villa he has done nothing to change my mind during his time here. His forward passing is iffy to fuck. I could pass the ball side ways all the time. He has no long term future at the club and I think Mancini would be looking at getting someone into the midfield to replace both Barry and Milner in the longterm. Barry will play a bit part at the club this season if we get our targets and will more than likely be used in league cup games this season.

talking your normal shit as usual if i remember rightly you said he wouldn't get anywhere near the first team this season?

may be of interest to some....

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18042011/58/premier-league-proof-barry-really-slow.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18042011/ ... -slow.html</a>

Im summary, the article presents data that shows Barry to be city's slowest play, but also our player who covers the most distance during a game. His distance covered - nearly 8 miles - is bettered by only 2 other players in the league (meireles and sir joey of barton).

So while the Barry-haters are quick to jump on his lack of pace, claiming that this makes him "not an athlete," his impressive endurance is often overlooked.

We have the same 'debate' with Michael Carrick amongst United supporters.
He too is a little one-paced ( may be a little generous there ) but I feel that he is vital to setting the rhythm of our football and when he and Barry are on their game they contribute an enormous amount to the team. Collecting loose ball and giving them simple to more gifted members of the side.
You notice these 2 lads more when they aren't there and that's not a critism.

leewill31 said:
leighton said:
This has to be some sort of piss take. To compare Barry and Pirlo is just madness. Barry is not good enough and wont be part of our team long term. We need better than Barry and Milner to be honest. Barry is shit hasnt done it since he has come to the club. IF Nasri signs Barry will be dropped to the Vieira role with Yaya taking his place beside De Jong.
I never rated him even when he was with Villa he has done nothing to change my mind during his time here. His forward passing is iffy to fuck. I could pass the ball side ways all the time. He has no long term future at the club and I think Mancini would be looking at getting someone into the midfield to replace both Barry and Milner in the longterm. Barry will play a bit part at the club this season if we get our targets and will more than likely be used in league cup games this season.

talking your normal shit as usual if i remember rightly you said he wouldn't get anywhere near the first team this season?

Because my opinion is different to yours I am talking a load of shit.? We are not finished spending money this season if we get Nasri then I cant see Barry being in the team ahead of De Jong or Yaya.

leighton said:
leewill31 said:
leighton said:

Because my opinion is different to yours I am talking a load of shit.? We are not finished spending money this season if we get Nasri then I cant see Barry being in the team ahead of De Jong or Yaya.

I am almost 100% Mancini will play him above De Jong

leighton said:
The reason I dont rate him is because he is so poor. He will have 1 good game and then be shit for the next 5 games. There is games were you look at him and you expect him to boss the game and he gets over ran and out played. Slow as fuck and if we want to go to very top we need better than Barry. Yes he looked good against Swansea but when the big games come he is one of those players I would rather not see in our team. I will eat my hat if he starts ahead of either De Jong or Yaya if we sign Nasri.
Also if we were to get rid of him I cant see him getting into the team of other top 4 teams or Liverpool and Spurs. Just one of those players that will split most fans views in my opinion the sooner we get rid of him the better.

Oh dear...

What do you think his fellow team mates would say about him?

leighton said:
leewill31 said:
leighton said:

you bang the same drum over and over yet Barry has proven the likes of you wrong every time yet you still persist with the shit you write its like you don't actually see Barry on the pitch throughout the 90 minutes!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.