The exposures Balotelli gives us.

Mancio said:
and , by the way , raiola has been all the summer repeating mario cannot , never , come back to italy becouse he earn too much for any italian team.

Not if he's available on a free transfer or at a knock down price because he only has 12 months left on his contract as he will have next summer.

EDIT:

Anyway, his options would be Italy or Chelsea next summer. Madrid/Barca won't want him. I don't see him moving to Germany.

BillyShears said:
Mancio said:
and , by the way , raiola has been all the summer repeating mario cannot , never , come back to italy becouse he earn too much for any italian team.

Not if he's available on a free transfer or at a knock down price because he only has 12 months left on his contract as he will have next summer.

EDIT:

Anyway, his options would be Italy or Chelsea next summer. Madrid/Barca won't want him. I don't see him moving to Germany.

are you sure city will not extend his contract in the next weeks/months ? do you know something we don't ?

Mancio said:
are you sure city will not extend his contract in the next weeks/months ? do you know something we don't ?

I believe the policy is we do not negotiate new contracts during the season. Looks like we're going to make an exception with David Silva. Be interesting to see if we do with Mario.

It's also worth bearing in mind we don't know what Mario/Mino want. It's just a gut feeling but I don't see either of them rushing to negotiate a new contract at City when his transfer value will plummet come the end of this season making his dream move to AC Milan far more affordable/possible.

BillyShears said:
To be quite honest, you often pick and choose how you use set piece stats - when you've posted Tevez's goals/minutes ratio in the past you have done after removing his penalties, whereas with Balo you've left his penalties in there. An interesting comparison for me would be what is the comparison Balo/Dzeko if you remove Balo's pens from last season.

If we had a player with the unique talents of Ronaldo or Messi I've no doubt our side would be built to get the best out of them. Mancini's not building that side because he doesn't have that player, which is sort of the point if we go back to the start of the discussion. Mario has a long way to go to have that kind of impact on a team. He has the potential but this is a huge season for him.
No, you only think I do. I use stats according to the context. Last year I was making the point, when everyone was shitting themselves at the prospect of Tevez leaving, with various pundits and Bluemooners predicting we'd struggle to retain a Champions League spot without Tevez, and I was simply pointing out that penalties are easily transferable goals, and that we could replace Tevez easily. I was correct on both accounts. I said Aguero would be more than sufficient to replace Tevez, and that another player would bang in penalties just as well (better in fact, Balotelli hasn't missed any). If you show me anywhere where I've said Balotelli is indispensable, or that we're dependent on him, I'll leave the forum this very day. I guarantee you though, that you won't, because there isn't such a thing. We could lose anybody and find someone good enough to replace them. I didn't even include Balotelli in my key players list which to me is Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, with Aguero and possibly Lescott coming in before Balotelli as well.

Balotelli won three of his five by memory, a majority whereas I'm pretty sure Tevez only won a few of his nine I think it was. I think Adam Johnson won more penalties than Tevez did that season. Those are from memory though but I'm pretty sure I'm correct.

After it became more a Ronaldo-Rooney partnership, Ronaldo dropped from 31 goals in the league to 18, did he suddenly become only 58% of the player he was the season before? No, it's just a reflection of his change in role to be more like the one Balotelli is playing; a partnership - not goalscorer in chief with Rooney and Tevez as your subordinates. Will Balotelli score 18 in 33 or score at that rate (1 in 1.83) this season, now that's a prediction I'm far far more comfortable making. Yes, I think he will. He already bettered that scoring rate last season with 13 in 23 at 1 in 1.76.

I don't know if this will be Balotelli's year, at the moment it seems he's second fiddle to Tevez and Aguero.

BillyShears said:
Mancio said:

I believe the policy is we do not negotiate new contracts during the season. Looks like we're going to make an exception with David Silva. Be interesting to see if we do with Mario.

It's also worth bearing in mind we don't know what Mario/Mino want. It's just a gut feeling but I don't see either of them rushing to negotiate a new contract at City when his transfer value will plummet come the end of this season making his dream move to AC Milan far more affordable/possible.

a dream move to AC ?? how can you think mario dreaming to go in a club that is selling everything and everybody and will win nothing in the next 5/10 years ???

Skashion said:
No, you only think I do. I use stats according to the context. Last year I was making the point, when everyone was shitting themselves at the prospect of Tevez leaving, with various pundits and Bluemooners predicting we'd struggle to retain a Champions League spot without Tevez, and I was simply pointing out that penalties are easily transferable goals, and that we could replace Tevez easily. I was correct on both accounts.

I don't recall anyone saying we'd struggle to finish in the top 4 last season post Tevez-gate. A lot of people felt we would struggle in the Champions League with only Dzeko/Balo/Aguero and to some extent they were correct as we didn't make it out of our group. That's not a criticism of Balo, but a reflection of the strength we required in our group to get through it.

So if penalties are easily transferable goals, then I'd like to see the stats for Balo without his penalties last season and how that compares to our other strikers (who weren't taking penalties last season).

After Tevez left and it became a Ronaldo-Rooney partnership, Ronaldo dropped from 31 goals in the league to 18, did he suddenly become only 58% of the player he was the season before? No, it's just a reflection of his change in role to be more like the one Balotelli is playing; a partnership - not goalscorer in chief with Rooney and Tevez as your subordinates. Will Balotelli score 18 in 33 or score at that rate (1 in 1.83) this season, now that's a prediction I'm far far more comfortable making. Yes, I think he will. He already bettered that scoring rate last season with 13 in 23 at 1 in 1.76.

That's a very fair point, but the statistical argument when comparing the relative abilities of Balo and Ronaldo is entirely misleading. Ronaldo was at 22/23 arguably the best player in the world hence his world record move to Madrid. Balo's a long way from that right now.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:42 pm --<br /><br />
Mancio said:
a dream move to AC ?? how can you think mario dreaming to go in a club that is selling everything and everybody and will win nothing in the next 5/10 years ???

What about the rest of my post? You said no-one could afford Balo in Italy. Do you agree that with a year left on his contract he becomes eminently more affordable? Isn't it true that Mino has often stated that Mario will move back to Italy in two years? Isn't it true that when Mino said no-one in Italy could afford Mario he was referring to this summer just gone?

BTW as an Inter supporter as easy as it is for you to say Milan will win nothing in the next 5/10 years, the truth is that Milan will always be there or thereabouts in the league. Didn't a weaker Milan team win the Champions League ?

BillyShears said:
I don't recall anyone saying we'd struggle to finish in the top 4 last season post Tevez-gate. A lot of people felt we would struggle in the Champions League with only Dzeko/Balo/Aguero and to some extent they were correct as we didn't make it out of our group. That's not a criticism of Balo, but a reflection of the strength we required in our group to get through it.

So if penalties are easily transferable goals, then I'd like to see the stats for Balo without his penalties last season and how that compares to our other strikers (who weren't taking penalties last season).

That's a very fair point, but the statistical argument when comparing the relative abilities of Balo and Ronaldo is entirely misleading. Ronaldo was at 22/23 arguably the best player in the world hence his world record move to Madrid. Balo's a long way from that right now.
This is Bluemoon, you don't think people were shitting themselves over Tevez leaving and saying we'd struggle to stay in the top four without top scorer Carlos Tevez? I remember it very clearly. Other pundits were also saying it. I'll try to find the Sky pundits predictions video.

Balotelli scored five last season, won three of 'em himself by memory. Aguero took two, can't recall how many he won, I think Johnson won one of them though. Dzeko took zero and won at least one (against Sunderland, taken by Balotelli). Balotelli scored 17, 13 in the league. Dzeko scored 19, 17 in the league. Aguero scored 30, 23 in the league. Combine those stats, to make the arguments you want.

Skashion said:
This is Bluemoon, you don't think people were shitting themselves over Tevez leaving and saying we'd struggle to stay in the top four without top scorer Carlos Tevez?

I don't actually. If memory serves me correctly there were very few if any tears shed for Tevez last season. I believe you're mixing up the post Munich comments with comments from last summer when we were actively looking to move Tevez on.

I remember it very clearly. Other pundits were also saying it. I'll try to find the Sky pundits predictions video.

Hahaha. Don't worry about looking for a Sky pundits opinion. I take little note of what they have to say at the best of times!

Balotelli scored five last season, won three of 'em himself by memory. Aguero took two, can't recall how many he won, I think Johnson won one of them though. Dzeko took zero and won at least one (against Sunderland, taken by Balotelli). Balotelli scored 17, 13 in the league. Dzeko scored 19, 17 in the league. Aguero scored 30, 23 in the league. Combine those stats, to make the arguments you want.

I'm not trying to make any point, as I'm genuinely curious how the three stacked up minus penalties. So Balo scored 12 goals from open play last season, Dzeko scored 19, and Aguero 28. Converting that to a goals/minutes ratio I daresay Balo would be quite a way behind Dzeko.

BillyShears said:
I don't actually. If memory serves me correctly there were very few if any tears shed for Tevez last season. I believe you're mixing up the post Munich comments with comments from last summer when we were actively looking to move Tevez on.

Hahaha. Don't worry about looking for a Sky pundits opinion. I take little note of what they have to say at the best of times!

I'm not trying to make any point, as I'm genuinely curious how the three stacked up minus penalties. So Balo scored 12 goals from open play last season, Dzeko scored 19, and Aguero 28. Converting that to a goals/minutes ratio I daresay Balo would be quite a way behind Dzeko.
Billy, you're going to make me trawl through previous posts then. So be it.

Alright.

Don't know how it converts in minutes terms because my favourite stats site imscouting.com - where I used to get the goals per minutes stats, has gone down over the summer, but Balo made ten less appearances than Dzeko altogether, although a few more of Dzeko's appearances were substitutions than Balotelli's. However, I feel it's unfair to take three of Balotelli's five off him, as he won them. At the same time, you should credit Dzeko with a presumed goal for the penalty he won. Overall I'd hazard an educated guess, goals per minutes wise, they're very similar. I know on goals per minute Balotelli finished ahead of both Aguero and Dzeko but if you took two goals off Balotelli and gave one to Dzeko, they'd be very close.

BillyShears said:
Mancio said:

EDIT:

he signed a 5 year contract

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.