The exposures Balotelli gives us.

CityCTID said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Who cares? Its what he does on the pitch that counts, if anything what he does off the pitch is bad for us as it shows indiscipline imo.
Mmm, obviously you do...
If he plays well and scores goals I couldn't give a shit what he does off the pitch.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:14 pm --<br /><br />
zlaz3r said:
I seriously didn't know people where this thick.

"I don't care, all i want him too do is perform on the pitch!

"He brings bad publicity too the team"

"He brings disruption in the dressing room, by running around in training all smiling and stuff!"

The topic is about Balotelli giving City more exposure then anything else, i would bet my house that he is the player which gives city the most exposure then any other player in the team, more then Yaya, Aguero, Tevez, and Silva.

United didn't only buy Kagawa cause of his abilities, same with Park.
Why did Roma buy Michael Bradly ?

Is it a coincidence that we are buying so many players from Balkan ?
What the hell is this?
United bought Kagawa because he is one the most upcoming attacking midfielders in the world, Roma bought Bradley because he is an excellent cm. Who cares what cloths Balo is wearing and what random shit hes been up to ( mainly paper lies) the only thing that matters are his performances on the pitch.

If he starts to fulfil his potential and bang in loads of spectacular goals, and we stay top of the league and make a mark In Europe then he will get major exposure and become an icon. But he's nowhere near that yet. A few hits on our website and texts amongst schoolboys mean fuck all in the scheme of things.

zlaz3r said:
The topic is about Balotelli giving City more exposure then anything else, i would bet my house that he is the player which gives city the most exposure then any other player in the team, more then Yaya, Aguero, Tevez, and Silva.

Just curious, but what nationality are you and how long have you been a City supporter?

BillyShears said:
zlaz3r said:

Just curious, but what nationality are you and how long have you been a City supporter?
Probably Mancio's lovechild

Didsbury Dave said:
If he starts to fulfil his potential and bang in loads of spectacular goals, and we stay top of the league and make a mark In Europe then he will get major exposure and become an icon. But he's nowhere near that yet. A few hits on our website and texts amongst schoolboys mean fuck all in the scheme of things.

Disagree with this, Dave, every time Balotelli is playing everyone wants to watch and the club's exposure and profile rockets, I'm sure he is one of the favourites in the club's PR dept.
The comments and excitement build when he is named in the squad, (Be it a good or bad decision) and City's name is spread worldwide and this can only be a good thing.
Yes there has been adverse publicity but his value and attraction seems to have increased despite this; Balo is an undoubted asset, so far.

greasedupdeafguy said:
BillyShears said:
zlaz3r said:

Probably Mancios lovechild

Seems he's spawned a few over the summer. Never noticed quite so many posters who seemingly could care less about City and have little respect for anyone other than the object of their affection.

Really is about time that Balotelli buckled down and started scoring goals again , we are trying the retain a title here ... not to mention tryin' to win the Champions League too !

The OP is quite correct.

Balotelli gets more press coverage than all our other players combined. In fact he probably gets more than Messi and Ronaldo.

Never mind if it's good or bad. As some hollywood type said, name escapes me, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Ancient Citizen said:
Disagree with this, Dave, every time Balotelli is playing everyone wants to watch and the club's exposure and profile rockets, I'm sure he is one of the favourites in the club's PR dept.
The comments and excitement build when he is named in the squad, (Be it a good or bad decision) and City's name is spread worldwide and this can only be a good thing.
Yes there has been adverse publicity but his value and attraction seems to have increased despite this; Balo is an undoubted asset, so far.

Hmmm, again. City's name is spread far and wide because of players like Aguero, Yaya, and Silva, who are seen as the preeminent players in their position and have incredibly high profiles at International level as well. Of course Mario brings a certain amount of interest and attention - but it's generally the kind of tabloid nonsense which is quickly yesterday's news.

On form he definitely brings the right kind of headlines, but 2012 hasn't really been vintage for that from a City perspective. He did excellently for Italy and that no doubt helped our profile and his, but again, it's fleeting in my opinion. Mario needs to consistently make headlines for the right reasons.

Make or break season for him at City. He'll play less with Carlos playing the way he is. If he doesn't fight his way into the team, I can envisage him sulking his way out of Manchester next summer.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:39 pm --<br /><br />
robbieh said:
Never mind if it's good or bad. As some hollywood type said, name escapes me, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Sure, if you've got no style, no soul, and no substance, and are simply interested in as many internet hits as you can get, then I agree.

Op you have noticed this. Do you have any guesstimate figs on average hits purely for official city you tube vids on Balo vs average for other players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.