The fan who jumped on Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a question for all those who are saying he is wrong for going on the pitch.......
Were you at City v Bury when a fan ran on the pitch and threw his season ticket at the team?
(Allegedly City posted it back to him a couple of days later)
The point being, emotion is football. Take that emotion away and you have... what? Chess?
He didn't have a knife, covid or a tactical nuclear weapon. He had what the fan v Bury had, passion. He loves the club. Emotion is not a criminal offence despite what the Premier League and the government want you to think.
Spot on mate, sometimes we all do things we regret, however unfortunately we're all human and not perfect in any way.
I'm getting old now but I'm loving the outporing of passion and whilst I'd never go on the pitch myself after a goal please give Terry a bloody break. He's a blue and a top lad from what I've heard.
There was no malice or I'll intent in his actions, just loving the moment. If you think that's so appaling then you maybe need to reconsider your weekly pastime and stop being so judgmental.

Maybe cos he is mildly famous he thinks he’s got a right to celebrate with the players and ride on Haalands back like he’s running the grand national.
What’s next? Liam streaking? Curly Watts demanding he takes our next penalty?

This sort of thing has been going on for as long as I've been going to football. While I don't condone people going onto the pitch, I can understand how it happens when celebrating a goal in a moment of passion/excitement. He's not done anyone any harm. Take the passion out of football and it will be like our end at the Community Shield this year, dogshit.

People saying things like "what if he had had a knife", these type of posts are riduculous and could be applied to anything. He didn't, you have to judge people on what actually happened, not what if's.

He will probably get a ban, some of the lengths of bans for this type of thing seem excessive to me. The punishment should fit the crime IMO, and someone getting a bit excited doesn't warrant more than a 6 month ban IMO, even though he will probably end up getting longer.
Why have a balanced opinion and talk sense ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.