The Foodies thread

We did the mash, we did the monster mash ..

czrxHRN.gif

Come back and share it PLEASE!!!
I fear you might be disappointed lol

Marinated diced chicken flattened out and char-grilled on a skillet, again any flavour spice you like, this was Garlic, pinch of coriander and cumin, S&P

Morrisons finest pea shoot leaves (they are lovely got some garlic leaf in there, game changer lol) some thinly sliced red pepper, cucumber and asparagus done in the same pan as the chicken

Some jersey pots boiled to just done, on plater, knob of butter.

Leaves down, chicken on top with asparagus and then a drizzle of lemon and thyme oil from Aldi middle aisle now gone :(

A nice refreshing chicken salad.

The wife can't have lemon so she got a delicate cheese sauce, made thin so as not to drown the salad.

make a roux flour/butter and then add milk and the cheese of choice this was a hard goat cheese, not too strong.

When that whiff of white smoke comes out of Rics chimney, it's on times like this that moderation will be seeking out guidance for a replacement. Tenacity, self dicipline, leadership, and self sacrfice for the greater good of the many.

Therefore as posters are wishing to discuss edibles at a higher level, I would like to temporary ban myself from the Foodie thread for 48 hours and can only hope that the rough disengenuous trucker known as the Ace does the same.

mI9cRnC.gif

Last edited:

Marinated diced chicken flattened out and char-grilled on a skillet, again any flavour spice you like, this was Garlic, pinch of coriander and cumin, S&P

Morrisons finest pea shoot leaves (they are lovely got some garlic leaf in there, game changer lol) some thinly sliced red pepper, cucumber and asparagus done in the same pan as the chicken

Leaves down, chicken on top with asparagus and then a drizzle of lemon and thyme oil from Aldi middle aisle now gone :(

The wife can't have lemon so she got a delicate cheese sauce, made thin so as not to drown the salad.

make a roux flour/butter and then add milk and the cheese of choice this was a hard goat cheese, not too strong.

Not disappointed at all. I'm always on the lookout for new recipes. Especially ones that are not overly complicated with eleventy seven different ingredients. So, ta for sharing, sounds good to me.

I got into doing 'fakeaway' meals at the weekend as I found most takeaways to be expensive and of poor quality. This is one of my favourites.

There’s something special about this forum where a pretty non offensive thread turns into a fucking argument over potato’s.
Never change Bluemoon. Haha!
Pssst…it’s not a real argument.

Just cooked magic potatoes.

Tiny New baby potatoes boiled then fried in butter with salt, pepper, star anise, cloves, cardamon pods, two types of mustard seeds, bacon lardons, spring onions, coriander and a half squeezed lemon

Pulled up 17 bags of tatties yesterday so will have to get creative with them over the next few weeks.
Can you taste the spuds?

Sounds nice. Not sure why 2 Bob has liked it as I get the impression he's a bit of a salad dodger.

After all that, I have an announcement to make:
1. “Nothing wrong with Bisto” is an outrageous lie. Anyone who does not make their own stock is not a cook.
2. It is a criminal offence in the North to put gravy on sausage and mash. The mash should be creamy enough to act as your sauce. Mash is ruined by gravy. Only southern softies use gravy with this dish.
Carry on.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.