The Foodies thread

They are tinned but don't let that put you off as they are better cooked out than fresh. I use the best quality I can get - always Italian. The most common decent brand is Mutti which I get from Morrisons. It is more expensive per tin that bog standard but well worth it. All of their products are very good (puree, pasta etc). The san Marzano tins are best but to be honest the bog standard polpa is almost as good and slightly cheaper. The caramelised shallots or onions I make in a pan on a medium high heat stirring continuously and splashing in a little water when the onions/shallots start to catch on the bottom of the pan. Keep doing that for around 40 minutes until you have an onion jam. I sometimes put some in my tomato sauce and then blend it to smooth it out - I find it gives the sauce even richer taste. Good luck mate.
Yeah mutti is a good brand.

I will be having a go at this, I will report back. Cheers

A thread for wankers
What a load of shit.

The cost of eating out is absolutely ridiculous, even for average food. A thread like this might inspire one or two people to try and cook their favourite foods that they'd usually order at a restaurant or takeaway and potentially save them a fair few quid.

A potentially brilliant thread.

After all that, I have an announcement to make:
1. “Nothing wrong with Bisto” is an outrageous lie. Anyone who does not make their own stock is not a cook.
2. It is a criminal offence in the North to put gravy on sausage and mash. The mash should be creamy enough to act as your sauce. Mash is ruined by gravy. Only southern softies use gravy with this dish.
Carry on.
How do you make your mash?

What a load of shit.

The cost of eating out is absolutely ridiculous, even for average food. A thread like this might inspire one or two people to try and cook their favourite foods that they'd usually order at a restaurant or takeaway and potentially save them a fair few quid.

I hate the term foodies, a thread about it is obviously a great thread. I agree with everything you say, except the load of shit bit.

What a load of shit.

I love cooking so any new ideas I'm up for.

Already got 2 things to make - 1 being TGB's now notorious air fryer kebabs :)

I think I'll skewer mine and do them on a griddle pan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.