The Foodies thread

I have done several of this guy's recipes. All been very good and authentic. He does a lot of BIR curries (British Indian Restaurant) which use a pre made base gravy. But I far prefer his 30 minute ones. Chicken Pathia being a favourite.

You need to be fond of curry.

I have done several of this guy's recipes. All been very good and authentic. He does a lot of BIR curries (British Indian Restaurant) which use a pre made base gravy. But I far prefer his 30 minute ones. Chicken Pathia being a favourite.

Al is very good. I make the base gravy in batches and freeze it. No way you can make it from scratch each time.

I do the same with garlic/ginger paste. 50/50 mix with a bit of oil blended then freeze in ice cube trays. Defrost 1 cube per curry generally. The shop bought stuff has stuff added to it that effects the taste and also makes it spit when cooked at high tempertures.

Yes they are amazing, the skins are full of flavour and potatoes fluffy and earthy in the middle. Proof of the pudding of deliciousness was how many my daughter wolfed down. They were some pretty special tatties and my first attempt at that recipe, I think maybe could swap out the fresh coriander for a different fresh herb but it was all we had available
I tried this on Sunday for family guests. Er…..empty bowl. Thanks, we all enjoyed it. I used Flat leaved Parsley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.