The FTSE

Looks like your Givo Inv tip in the biofuels sector is going to fly after Boeing committing to make all planes biofuel compatible by 2030 A few days ago.

Do you have a fund that you are managing that we could all invest in to save ourselves the hassle of doing the research ourselves ;-) And go easy on the management fees we’re all blues!
Haha yeah, you know I've been lucky with my picks AB, like I say I ain't no professional just an enthusiastic amateur
But coming from yourself knowing that you worked many years in this game its high praise indeed

From their website:
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform that connects players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises. Skillz has earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
I did a bit more digging Dennis and ARK are big in SKILLZ and hold shares close to a million and Cathie Wood who runs ARK doesn't get many wrong as do Morgan Stanley,

I think it has a good chance at being triple digits, but everyone must do their own reaserch as always please do not take my word for it

I did a bit more digging Dennis and ARK are big in SKILLZ and hold shares close to a million and Cathie Wood who runs ARK doesn't get many wrong as do Morgan Stanley,

I think it has a good chance at being triple digits, but everyone must do their own reaserch as always please do not take my word for it
It’s a really interesting sector too imo. I’ve had a little look and I dont have anything like it in my portfolio so I’ll be having a little go....

in my (limited) experience of IPO’s they usually undervalue the offering to encourage buy in so enjoy a little surge afterwards.....often followed by a correction...lol

Edit: There is a really good piece on Venturebeat.com on Skillz for those interested. It charts the history and highlights some of the innovation they’ve brought to paid gaming...

Last edited:
Put a wild £100 (I only play with small money!) on Churchill Captial (CCIV) last week. It's a SPAC that is rumoured to be ready to merge with Lucid Motors, a US EV company backed by Saudia Arabia. Bought at $17.25 and it went up to $22 last week - it's now up over 30% pre-market.

Also spent £40 on American Battery metals, which went from $2.00 to $3.34 last week.

Put a wild £100 (I only play with small money!) on Churchill Captial (CCIV) last week. It's a SPAC that is rumoured to be ready to merge with Lucid Motors, a US EV company backed by Saudia Arabia. Bought at $17.25 and it went up to $22 last week - it's now up over 30% pre-market.

Also spent £40 on American Battery metals, which went from $2.00 to $3.34 last week.
I've looked at both, Lucid cars are real high end and could do well, also like you said they have some serious backers

I don't know whether this is of any help (or hinderance) to others, but as I'm new to all this, the method I'm using to find some, let's say, interesting companies is as follows. As everybody says, please do you own research, but this seems to be working for me so far:-

1. First up, I invested in NIO, thanks to @SkipDonoghue, and Bushveld thanks to @Bovril on these forums.
2. I Googled "share chat" for NIO and Bushveld to see what was going on with these companies. The site that kept coming up was "Stocktwits".
3. The main issue with "Stocktwits" seems to be that everybody thinks that every stock ticker mentioned is going to make them millionaires, and admittedly 90% of the posts appear to be GIFs or videos of rockets going to the moon. However, in amongst all of this, you do pick up some interesting little asides.
4. For example, if you are looking at NIO on there, people often post comments and tag other stock tickers (a bit like twitter). This was how I found out about the CCIV/Lucid thing and ABML, which both seem to be doing OK and GAXY, which isn't doing OK yet but I'm happy to let my £60 ride and see how it plays out.

I'm not a member on Stocktwits, but it seems to be a useful site to keep an eye on (like I did on Blue Moon Forums for over 10 years before signing up this summer).

I'd recommend buying Rolls Royce - currently at less than 100 p a share.

i said this a few pages back - been buying every day.

Just piled back in for another few grand this morning. Won't even look at the share price for 5 years. Will look when people are going on holiday as normal again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.